Suggestion [Starships]

I love that we can own a starship now. I don’t love that you need to own land in order to own one. Han Solo didn’t own land- he did, however, own a starship. I want to be a roving space-hobo like Han Solo. :grinning:

Not everyone wants the micro-management inherent in having their own property (I certainly don’t). Why not make a spaceport area, where players can buy a docking port and build ships, for a fee (like owning an apartment)? If you don’t pay the fee, the planetary customs authority impounds your ship, and you don’t get access to it until you pay the fee (make the fee however hefty you feel is appropriate).

Just a suggestion. In any event, great work on the recent updates!

We have this already. You always have the option of docking at the spaceport and they charge you 400 credits each time you dock. Docking at official ports will get you a customs inspection, though, making it harder to do smuggling jobs, so you get more freedom by using a private port. Its good to make friends with ppl who have lots of land and get them to let you use it for landing, maybe at a minor fee :wink:

1 Like

Oh… so you don’t need to own land to build your own ship? I guess I misunderstood. My bad! :blush:

i believe you need to have someone let you use a port to place it down the first time, but whoever built the ship for you will typically have a port you can use for that

Ooooh! Okay- so you can hire someone to build a ship for you and then they just sign it over to you once you pay them? That is pretty dang sweet! :+1:

You dont’ need someone to give you the permission for the ship itself. Once the ship is made it’s an item in your inventory that needs to be placed. Whoever places it is the offical owner of the ship, but you need to place it in a player port to do this, so you need a friend or someone to place the ship itself. Once it’s placed you can move it to the public space and pay the credits per day. But it’s only the initial setup that you need another for.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. :+1: