SWLOR Community Art Raffle #1 (12/5/21 - 12/12/21)

This is the beginning post for SWLOR’s first ever community art raffle!

With the player boom settling down a bit and lots of players and characters making names for themselves, the idea was sparked for a community-driven raffle to get custom, commissioned art for people’s characters!

The artist for this will be the excellent @Reddnn , one of our very own, who has agreed to the idea. You can see some examples of their work here:

So how will this work?

As implied by the name, this will be done as a raffle. The process and rules will be as follows:

1. You the players and we the DMs can submit entries to the raffle here in this thread. These can be your own characters, another player’s character who you like and want to see drawn, or even an NPC you like!
  2. Each person can submit up to two (2) character entries – but these entries must be for different characters! This means you can submit two of your own characters, or one of your own and one of another player’s, but not two of the same character.
  3. A given character may have multiple entries in the raffle, despite not being able to submit the same character twice by the same person. If 5 people choose to submit Michael John Kellerman as a character they want art of, he can have 5 entries to win!
  4. The raffle submissions will remain open for 1 Week, from the announcement until 5 PM (CDT / GMT -5) December 12th.
  5. At the end of the submission period, I will tabulate all the entries and randomly pick three (3) winners from the submitted entries. The 3 winning characters will be eligible to have a bust (shoulders-up) portrait made of them by @Reddnn, paid for by me!
  6. If your character is chosen, providing references and detail notes to the artist about their appearance will be up to you - if you’re lacking in ideas, talk it out! Please also make sure to respect the artist and any boundaries they may wish to put on commission work.

Lastly, as a separate note, I will not be submitting any entries to this raffle myself as I am the one running the raffle and paying for the art at the end – anyone I want to get art of, I can just commission separately myself :stuck_out_tongue: ! You can submit entries for my characters if you like (but why tho?), but I encourage everyone to try and promote their own favorites and those of their friends.

So have fun, choose wisely, and enjoy!

Big thanks to @Reddnn for the opportunity.

7 Likes

I nominate Sohma Anantasari (dat me) and Solomon Evoros.

2 Likes

My nominations go to:
1). Puru
2). Kthira

4 Likes

I submit Kthira (Saek’thira’tharloo - mine!) and Iuyihpuru!

3 Likes

I submit myself obviously since I’m gonna buy a commission if I don’t win so:
Ibzo Kren & Kassie Krail for my submissions

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll put in my entry: Griggs Vallar.

2 Likes

Ira’dana Cali and Markus Viennman

2 Likes

Nrrax Veon & Edward Thane

2 Likes

I nominate Kassie Krail and Kayth

2 Likes

I nominate Kali and Ambrose

2 Likes

I would like to nominate Ambrose and Kassie Krail! :heart:

2 Likes

Ionas and That One Shirtless Dude (Teryn).

4 Likes

Michael John Kellerman

2 Likes

Michael John Kellerman and Hott Dogg Wookie, in a loving embrace.

2 Likes

I nominate Corbin and Sandra

4 Likes

Vilnia and Iyuhpuru
This post must be 20 characters

2 Likes

I’d like to put in Cassandra and Solomon!

2 Likes

Michael John Kellerman.

And Sheridan bc he my fren

2 Likes

Nrrax Veon and Kathea Sinrae

2 Likes

Kallyn, the creator of lightfoils with broken safety limiters.

Alice, the Force Entity

2 Likes