Tara Renathi: A Bit of Royal-tea

Tara sits in front of the holo-recorder, having fixed herself up so she looks nice and presentable. She was wearing her nice blue lacey top over the bustier that she liked so much. It was the only nice thing she had currently. She reached over to switch on the recorder and held a friendly, if slightly nervous smile on her face as it started.

“Hello Princess Sania. I hope you are doing well in these troubling times. I am sorry I waited so long to follow up with you, things have been rather hectic for some time since I last saw you.”

She takes a short breath.

“I really appreciated and enjoyed talking to you when you were last here, and I hope…ah…would like to…maybe…if you have time…get together for tea…or ah…brunch? I am not sure exactly what brunch is, but maybe we could do that?”

Tara reached back with her good hand to scratch the back of her head nervously.

“I do hope we can get a chance to know each other better and be friends. Um…please…ah…let me know if you would like to…” Nervous smile.

She pauses a bit awkwardly as if wondering if there were more to say, and then jabbed a hand at the control to stop the recording.

She blew out a tense breath and tried to force herself to relax.

Tara then resigned herself to accept the message as-is, and sent it off to the Onderonian princess.

What was she so nervous for, she wondered. It wasn’t like she had never spent time with royalty before. But to be fair, Zvadras stood apart from her people and did not seem typical of what you would expect as a princess. But at the same time, the few times she had seen Sania, she had seemed rather enjoyable and irreverent to usual protocol.

Tara thought back to the first time she had met her at the first beach party, and relaxed a bit. She even quirked a little grin as a stray thought ran through her mind.

Wouldn’t it be neat if I could get both Sania and Zvadras in a room at the same time? Heh. THAT should be fun.

@MissMora

1 Like