The Down'Low (Damind Dow'el)

*A Zeltron stands in the center of Veles, with a elongated microphone glitzed out, and emblazoned with ‘Down Low’ on the shaft. He’s in an immaculate ensamble that shows off his toned body and coiffed hair. A simple navy-colored vest that shows off his physique, and tight navy tights with knee high heeled boots that make his smaller stature just a bit taller. *

Goooooood evening Viscara! I hope every last one of you are having a darling time! Siege is on the agenda, and we want to know what YOU think! So far it seems the Empire is keen to let business run, while suppressing the Republic front line!

and whats this we keep hearing about the common enemy between them?

Damind looks distraught, aghast even.

Will tensions continue to rise? Or will people cave to the mutinous band once again? Who knew the Republic and Empire had something in common? Certainly not I, Darlings!

In other news, the renovation project of the Veles Colony is nearing its completion! Some good final touches and she’ll be the gem of the mid rim!

The Zeltron gives an exaggerated wink.

Keep a look out for updates, as yours truly will be here to bring your eye to whats on the Down Low!

Damind blows a kiss to the screen before the feed cuts out.

Opening shots of Damind in various poses over a backdrop of landscape scenes, from a shot of Manaan’s oceans, Coruscant’s skyline, Corellia’s streets, a bridge of a starship, and the title screen “The Down’Low”

The Zeltron has his billion-credit grin on his face as the camera zooms in on the pair as he addresses the audience.

Goooooooooood Afternoon Viscara! We got a FABULOUS show for you today. We have the corporate powerhouse, good samaritarian and sapientarian, Manager Rennick Cado with us! Thank you for coming, sir. Its their pleasure to have you with us today. Now, Rennick, is it okay if I call you Rennick? Or would you prefer Mister Cado?

Rennick nods at the introduction, smiling widely as the camera pans to focus on the human.

Good afternoon everyone. Please, call me Rennick. I want to us to treat this as an informal discussion.

Damind leans back in the chair some more, crossing his legs in the Czerka uniform, and tailored pants. He gives the Mid-level Manager his best wide smile.

Wonderful Darling, wonderful. Thank you for that. Now, Rennick. The Galaxy wants to know, with all those wonderful ideas you’ve been advocating for, where does this all come from? What has inspired your empathetic desir to help those less fortunate in a chaotic universe?

A laugh rumbles out of the human as he looks back towards the Zeltron away from the camera. He pushes some of his long hair behind his ear. Occasionally he rotates his wrist, it gives a soft cracking noise .

I haven’t always been a successful business man, Damind. I was much less fortunate when I was a boy living on Coruscant. My parents and I all had to work and make ends meet, and I consider myself to be very fortunate. Many of my peers didn’t have the luxuries I could afford, being middle class myself. I managed to save up enough money on the side to begin my education and start a business at the young age of 25.

It was just washing air and land speeders, doing some detailing o nthe side; but it helped me through my schooling. When I moved out and was out on my own, I struggled. Not to the extent that these people have struggled- but I always had the persistent nagging thought in my mindabout when work would–or could–run out, and here on Viscara, people either don’t have the luxury of consistent work, or they can’t get good paying work. Its a scary feeling, having been close to that myself.

The blue haired host nods as he listens, leaning forward a bit with his thin datapad, looking down over the glass-panel extruding out of the side of it, where words can be seen traveling upward as Damind reads from it.

Absolutely. Its a tale as old as time itself, the struggle of the working class. Trying to survive in the hostile environment the galaxy constantly seems to find itself in. Good on you for climbing from those struggles, and now reaching your hand back to help bring more up there with you.

Rennick leans forward, tenting his fingers together as he talks.

See, its a systemic problem-but one that we don’t often see on developing worlds like this one. We should have consistent, plentiful work. We’re developing, or at least should be. We’ve stagnated and we’re starting to suffer for it.

Damind nods as he listens, his face still jovial but clearly engaged in the converation.

It definitely seems to be the case for some poor souls here in Veles, and elsewhere with the siege slowing relief efforts. How are you working with those in the slums find their light, and the road to success as you have had? What kind of work do you have lined up, and how has it been received so far?

A small line of text follows underneath the screen as small bits of news filter in over the feed, temperatures of Veles and weather predictions of the following week, as Rennick explains. A quick Czerka logo and thewords appear, as Rennick repeats the corporate slogan.

Well, Damind, to be quite frank with you; there’s not a lot of work that I can offer people-at least not yet. Our most valuable asset isn’t our weapons which Czerka is known for–you know ‘Czerka Arms, Anytime, Anywhere, Always there.’ Its our people. People are our strongest asset. We need to invest in our people -their education, their accomodations, families, and better facilities.

I’ve worked with several independent contractors to improve infrastructures in the slums. We’re working on setting up education, sanitation, and nourishment facilities to invest in our people. Until they receive the training and education they need for our more complex tasks, and duties, we can’t just keep pulling in more skilled work. We have to make due with what we’ve got, or the slums and poverty are only going to get worse!

Damind nods and taps on the datapad some more, but he smiles more with each statement provided, eagerly nodding.

Absolutely, sir. Investing in the future, for a brighter, better tomorrow, but we need to take a small commercial break, when we get back, more from Rennick Cado, Czerka Manager, and welfare aficionado.

He turns to look up from the engagement with Rennick, and looks to the camera by the end of his sentence, and a commercial takes over.

[Opening Scene: Dark screen. Sounds of a blaster charging. Suddenly, light streaks across the screen as a blaster bolt zips by, followed by the CZERKA logo.]

NARRATOR: (in an intense voice) “In a galaxy of uncertainty, there’s one thing you can always rely on…”

[A CZERKA-79 Variable Stun Blaster appears, rotating slowly to display its sleek design.]

NARRATOR: “Introducing the all-new CZERKA-79 Variable Stun Blaster.”

[Cut to a scene of a person handling the blaster with ease and precision, adjusting settings on a digital display.]

NARRATOR: “Unparalleled accuracy. Unmatched flexibility. The CZERKA-79 boasts state-of-the-art variable stun settings, separate from lethal options, giving you the control you need when the stakes are high.”

[Cut to a close-up of the digital settings being adjusted - from ‘stun’ to ‘lethal’.]

NARRATOR: “Switch seamlessly from crowd control to deadly force, adapting instantly to any situation.”

[A scene of a target being shot in stun mode, followed by another target being shot in lethal mode.]

NARRATOR: “With its intuitive interface, ergonomic design, and the unmatched reliability of Czerka engineering, you’re in safe hands.”

[The scene changes to show the CZERKA-79 being holstered by an armored figure.]

NARRATOR: “The CZERKA-79 Variable Stun Blaster. For those who refuse to compromise.”

[Final shot of the blaster with the CZERKA logo and tagline: “Czerka Corp - Building Tomorrow’s Solutions.”]

NARRATOR: “Czerka Corp. Anywhere, anytime; Always there…”

[End of commercial.]

The camera refocuses back on the pair, showing the Zeltron leaning forward, and as he asks the question, he leans forward some more.

Welcome back, we’re with Rennick Cado, Czerka Manager, and he has the Down’Low, so you’re in the know. Now, unfortunately, there has been some dissidents in your efforts, some nay-sayers. Can you tell us about some of these roadblocks and how you’ve overcome these challenges?

The camera turns back to Rennick, zooming in, as the human rubs his right eye and looks down and to the left, gaining a long yard stare for a few seconds.

I’m not going to talk poorly about some of my opponents. We merely share differing management styles. Many of my colleagues like the one who coordinated this meeting, share some facets of my ideology. While some are stark opponents, but we all just want the same thing. We just have different ideas of how to get it. Some think we need to pump resources into arms manufacturing, some believe we need to invest in mining, and others want to militarize Czerka.

I share some of these ideals, sure-but I keep urging my colleagues to look at the bigger picture, the long-term. We hemmorrhage money with these slums. We need to invest in our people. Whether its acknowledged or not, they’re our citizens, and its our responsibility to care for them.

Pair come into proper view of the camera, Damind is leaning forward still with his legs crossed, watching the human eagerly.

That is very forward-thinking of you. Ensuring the future with industrialization of Veles, to have each and everyone do their part in this war. Everyone doing what they can to endeavor towards peace, no job too small. No role unfulfilled. Glorious dreams Rennick. I hope we get to see more of them. Which speaking of, what can we look forward to seeing you do in the coming future? Anything you can tell us about?

Rennick breaks into a wide smile, excitement clear in his very handsome features.

Yes actually! I’m excited to announec that we’ll be opening a vocational school in the slums in the next few months. All costs will be footed by Czerka of course, since the people will be working for us. There are also plans for rebuilding the sewers and water treatment facilities under the city, but that’s a much bigger project. We’ll need all hands on deck for that one, let me tell you.

Damind seems to match the energy of his interviewee, flashing his gigawatt grin, he gestures towards the camera as he talks.

That definitely would go a long way to ensuring the survival of everyone here on Viscara. Many settlements import from Veles, if I understand right. Big plans, with bigger aspirations. Well Rennick, our time is up, before we go, what would you like to say to those viewers out there? What words if wisdom, and hope would you like to provide them with in these dire times?

The human leans back, gesturing as he speaks, his arms opening a little while he talks with his hands. The camera zooms in, cinematic filters cover over the holoscreen.

We’re all working towards a better tomorrow. All of us. If one of us fails, we all fail. I refuse to let that happen. Czerka is my family-executives, citizens, and workers alike. The sun is rising over the horizon and we’re approaching a new age of prosperity for Viscara.

The camera zips back around, reverting back to its normal filter, focusing on the Zeltron.

And there you have it gentle-beings and everyone in between! Rennick’s got his eye on the Horizon, and its quite an enticing package. Czerka offering a hand to the people most in need. Anytime. Anywhere. We’re there.

The Zeltron flashes a grin, the Czerka logo reappearing once more on the screen.

This has been Damind Dow’el, with Manager Rennick Cado, giving you the Down’Low, so YOU’RE in the know. Up next is Ryl Housewives of Kala’uun. Good night Mytarantor, and best wishes.

[Opening Scene: A vast field of stars, a symbol of the infinite possibilities the galaxy holds.]

NARRATOR: (in an inspiring voice) “In a galaxy full of potential…”

[The scene transitions to a shot of a Republic capital ship emerging from hyperspace, grand and imposing.]

NARRATOR: “You can be part of something greater.”

[Cut to a scene inside the ship, showing a diverse team of individuals working together: a pilot steering the ship, a gunner locking onto an enemy target, a medic tending to a fellow soldier.]

NARRATOR: “The Republic Navy isn’t just a force for peace and justice - it’s a family. And we’re looking for individuals ready to make a difference.”

[A montage of exciting scenes: running through training exercises, participating in strategic planning sessions, bonding with fellow crew members.]

NARRATOR: “Join us, and receive the best training, the most advanced equipment, and the chance to explore the stars.”

[Close-up of a young recruit donning the Navy uniform, looking determined.]

NARRATOR: “We offer more than a job - we offer a chance to shape the galaxy.”

[The scene fades out to the Republic’s emblem, shining brightly against a backdrop of stars.]

NARRATOR: “Join the Republic Navy. Stand for peace. Stand for justice. Stand for the Republic.”

[End of commercial.]

3 Likes

A Zeltron and a Czerka Ranger with their face/helmet blurred appear on screen.

Gooooooooooooood evening Viscara!! Trouble abound today as bombscares hit the Veles Market District! We’re live on the streets to find out whats on the Down’Low! Today we’re with one of the MSS Rangers who risked their life today to keep ours safe!

Them and their team have been near constant vigilance during this war since the Siege, and they’re willing to provide you a peace of mind so -YOU- are in the know.

Thank you for taking the time to give the people of Veles a peace of mind tonight, sir. What can you tell us about today’s incident?

With a bright grin and a flourish he holds the microphone towards the Ranger whose voice is modulated to keep their identity safe.

Following a series of threats against a certain Czerka representative, my men and I were tasked with, among other things, investigating the sources of the threats. Ultimately, this allowed us to dig up and detain terrorists threat to the people of Veles. Further information can not be given at this time as we continue to dig for additional information.

Meanwhile Damind’s expression looks scandalized. The eyes widening, his right hand clutches at his neckline, as he leaves the mic to the ranger’s helmet.

IIIIIIIIIINCREDIBLE!! We truly do owe you and your rangers our gratitude, sir. For keeping not only the lives of those in the Tower, and nearby buildings safe, but also the sanctity and safety of the lives of each citizen in Veles-proper.

Damind does a swivel with the microphone a little as he says the first set of words, before eagerly declaring the rest. The camera pans more towards the ranger with the blurred face and modulated voice.

Yes well, some of us aren’t in this for vainglorious pursuits. Peace will be maintained, dissenters will be dealt with.

The Zeltron flashes his bright grin, the pearly white teeth glinting on the screen.

AND THAT! is precisely why you are the -perfect- person for the job! Our lives truly are in the safest hands possible.

The Camera fades out as a commercial begins to play, for fifteen seconds, when it comes back, its just Damind standing there, with the rangers in the background.

Welcome back Viscara!! We were just with one of the MSS Rangers who addressed the bombscare earlier tonight! We truly cannot thank them enough for all their hard efforts.

If any of you know anything about any potential disturbances, to the peace, as our good Ranger suggested, please bring dissenters to the attention of your nearest Ranger station, or notify the tip-line, at the following Holo-line. You too can do your part as Czerka Citizens!

A length of numbers appear at the bottom of the screen, denoting a “Veles Tip Line” and Damind does a flourish with the microphone and strikes a pose with his arms wide and hip cocked to the side.

Now you’re in the know! With the info from the Down’Low! Enjoy the newest episode of Deadliest Clutch. As the culinary world is desperate for the eggs of the rare Kilik Nests of Alderaan!

With a saucy wink from the Zeltron as he says the world Alderaan, the program fades out, and begins to play the Intro to Deadliest Clutch.

2 Likes

A Zeltron stands posed with a thin datapad and a sheet of glass coming from it with reversed words clear through the transluscent material.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooood Evening Viscara! I bring to you some news about all this shaking and baking going on! Because if you want to know? You gotta get the Down’Low!

A infograph of Viscara appears behind Damind and he gestures with a long pointer stick striped red and white swirling over its surface as he taps the hologram behind him.

Seismologists have gotten back to me about what all the rattling is about! According to the experts, the facts are as follows!

The planet’s crust and mantle get into a bit of a scuffle, because the rent is due and the Crust took out a loan from the Mantle, so when the time comes to pay every ten years, the Mantle decides to rough up the Crust to demonstrate just what happens when you ignore your debts! Its IIIIIIIIIIINCREDIBLE!

The infograph hologram shows the shifting plates disrupting underneath the crust, as Damind’s eyes go wide and panicked, and he spins around to announce the increduality of it all.

So its all the norm for good ol’ Viscara gentlebeings! No need to panic or fret. Now that the Crust gave the Mantle its creds, all will calm down. So you have nothing to worry about. Its all said and done, the debt is paid for another ten years.

So now, you’re in the know! Thanks to the Down’Low!

This is your host Damind Dow’el, whose always on the prowl.

Next up! Massiff the Bounty Hunter, along with B’etthel go out around the outer rim dragging in criminals on the run, breaking their parole!

Damind does a flourishing spin as he announces his name, and gives a wink on ‘prowl’, and as he ends on ‘parole’, he gives a finger wiggling wave and the screen fades to black, when the logo for the Bounty Hunting show appears in its place.

1 Like

An emergency live broadcast (Delayed by way of Damind’s live-war-coverage policy of 30 minutes), the beaches of Dac City being onslaughted by a strike force of Sith, with Republic, Mercenary, and Jedi forces, vessels quickly approaching on the horizon.

Reporting live on Mon Cala, in Dac City, where there are forces preparing to defend against an oncoming Sith force, unknown in size.

*Suddenly drop ships make it to the beach, and the battle begins, its chaos and pandemonium. Republic soldiers are mowed down by the red-bladed Sith, even as the Mercenary, Jedi, and more elite Republic soldiers fight to keep them at bay.

More incoming as a second wave launches, these are by far more experienced Sith in their own right, a warform, several cloaked individuals begin their assault. Ice flying in multiple directions along with Lightning, and rocks hidden away beneath the sands. Words are exchanged but they’re garbled between blaster fire, and Lightsaber buzzing, some also make for the camera crew, and people see Damind and Ithara forced to defend themselves before the Sith get pulled away by the larger forces, before the Sith’s forces are taken down, leaving some Republic forces also on the ground, trying to recover.*

Finally, it seems like its ov–who is that man approaching? There’s a lone Sith, taunting the defense task force, and is trying to declare the futility of stopping the Empire, he’s activated his saber he’s incomin—

The Lone Sith charges in to the group as a few of the original Sith group also get pulled up by some unseen Force, and they run for the dropships, and take off, leaving the warform and several other Sith bodies. Its a bloodbath as the Sith Lord devastates the line, the defending task force is torn into shreds before being reinforced by Master Vrook and Bastilla Shan’s Jedi forces rush in to keep the Sith Lord at bay, giving them for the task force to recover.

It seems this is not going well–wait they have reinforcements in bound! Its Master Vrook Lamar himself and Knight Shan! It…it looks like the Sith Lord is weakening, and the Task Force is getting stronger, is this the legendary power Knight Shan possesses?!

As stated the Task force begins getting back onto their feet, their wounds no longer holding them back, their body’s healing triggering faster, and they continue the defense. The battle continues on for a few moments before it is done, and finished, the Sith Lord lay dead, as well as several Jedi, and Republic soldiers, blood coats the sand as Vrook and Bastilla approach the task force, and pull the warform up. They exchange words, but it cannot be picked up by the camera droid, before they depart for Dac City, and the task Force, and other soldiers split the dead, and take them to be put to rest.

This strike by the Empire was a confusing one for many, just a token presence to attack the Republic Bastion world of Mon Cala. It appears they attempted to assassinate Jedi Master Vrook Lamar, or Knight Bastila Shan.

It seems to have been foiled for now in the moment, thankfully Dac City and her people are protected once more by the dedicated efforts of the Republic, and their defending forces, apparently from all walks of life, not just Republic. This is Damind Dow’el, and thats whats on the Down’Low, so you’re in the know!

*Underneath the broadcast is a strip of text reading:

“Seti Starships: Set the standard, don’t set-tle for less, than Seti-best!” Found in the Mid-Rim, on Viscara, Veles City!*

The camera pans around, revealing a courtroom of sorts, Damind stands in front of the camera.

We’re here for the trial of the war criminal and Sith, by a council of Jedi and Republic. We’ll need to be quiet for the respect of the proceedings.

The camera pans to Renatus, the captured Sith from Mon Cala’s assault, the camera moves to showcase each speaker.

Commodore Adni Kaben: Kavar you brought a news team with you.

Commodore Adni Kaben: He rubs his head pre emptively having a headache

Master Kavar: I saw it fitting those that helped the defense of Mon Cal be allowed to see the trial.

Commodore Adni Kaben: … A news team.

Renatus: He lets out a snort as he looks behind him briefly before back front

Master Vrook: Renatus was not always your name, was it?

Renatus: He responds in his dry whispers as he looks up to Vrook No.

Renatus: I believe… Most of you were familiar with my former self. He lets out a painful cough before he continues Sable.

Master Vrook: A slow nod

Master Vrook: Sable…

Master Vrook: But it was not the Republic who did this to you, was it?

Renatus: He shakes his head as he lets out another very unamused grunt

Renatus: Well… I believe, the one who did this was one of yours, yet you had him cast out mmh.

Master Vrook: Dax Fitzim.

Renatus: He starts to growl as he nods

Master Vrook: You are consumed by your emotions. Vile hatred, seething malice… and yet you reflect that hatred towards us. Why?

Renatus: He thinks on this for a moment At first, it was to grow in strength. Then it became a thrill, then it became a must.

Renatus: Your tanquil ways, of spreading lies. Do annoy me quite, the weak can suffer for all i care. Those that can not fend for themseves are rather useless.

Master Vrook: You feel no pity? No remorse? Today you killed dozens of men whose only crime was seeking to defend their homes.

Master Vrook: He points to Adni You slaughtered men just like that.

Master Vrook: And you feel no empathy?

Renatus: They stood with rebel scum, they knew what that decision entitles.
uncomfortable… mostly about her own thoughts.

Master Vrook: Vrook looks down to Renatus, blank faced, but clearly at least slightly disgusted

Renatus: I feel many things towards my victims, though empathy is not one of them /Jedi/. He snarls as his whispers are growing louder

Commodore Adni Kaben: You’re barely a man anymore!

Commodore Adni Kaben: You’re a mad dog!

Renatus: If one could see his face they would imagine a grin as he stares at Adni

Master Kavar: Calm yourself Commodore.

Captain Shon Ken: Cool heads must prevail… though.

Captain Shon Ken: The truth is

Captain Shon Ken: He is a dangerous man, who has hurt thousands of innocent people.

Captain Shon Ken: It is my suggestion that he be turned over to the Republic for execution.

Bastila Shan: The jedi detained him. Is he not a prisoner of the jedi?

DM Unholy: One of the lights on the ceiling flickers a bit

Renatus: So quick, to sent me off to my death are we? He titls his head towards Shon

Renatus: I have… He coughs a couple of times painfully A question, that has been puzzling me for awhile.

Master Vrook: Lamar looks from the captain to Renatus

Renatus: Now, as the end draws near, I cannot help but revel in the irony of it all. For it is the very power that has sustained me that shall be my downfall. Oh, how I mock the feeble attempts to bring me to justice! How I relish in the despair of those who sought to vanquish me, only-

DM Unholy: The light above Renatus flickers again as he speaks, the bulb apparently burning out… shoddy maintanence surely.

Vosca Sindal: Vosca, perhaps a little paranoid, ushering the others behind her back slightly.

Renatus: to realize that they were mere pawns in my grand game. They believed they could tame the untamable, but little did they know that my demise would be on my terms alone. So, let my final act be etched into the history books as a testament to the indomitable power of the Sith, a reminder that darkness will al

Renatus: will always prevail. Witness the grand finale of Renatus, the epitome of power and cruelty. Bask in the chaos and revel in the destruction, for it is a mere taste of the vast darkness that lingers beyond the veil.

Renatus: Farewell, fools, and may my fiery demise haunt your dreams, a reminder that true power knows no bounds and that your feeble attempts to extinguish it are nothing but a futile exercise in stupidity.

DM Unholy: As Renatus’s speech ends… Kavar and Vrook look to each other warily.
DM Unholy: But…
DM Unholy: Nothing?

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] *preps himself for combat as the speech makes it clear something is amiss

DM Unholy: Renatus’s voice echoes through the hall, the light flickering… but it ceases to flicker.
DM Unholy: And Renatus remains sitting there

Renatus: Starts to look worriedly around

Feya Delos: Check her datapad about the bolt info

Master Vrook: It is clear to me that you are irredeemable… and while we do not kill our prisoners…

Master Vrook: We must take immediate action to disarm your ultimate weapon… the force.

Master Vrook: Kavar, join me.

Renatus: He starts to cackle as he close his eyes

Master Kavar: Know that we do not do this lightly…

Master Kavar: But you have caused too much suffering…

Master Kavar: He holds his hand out

Master Vrook: Vrook’s hand raises

Vosca Sindal: Vosca beckons the students a further step back.

Vosca Sindal: “Initiate, Padawan, to me,” she said softly.

DM Unholy: As the two begin to sever Renatus’s force

Rhool Adrujo: As commanded, he flanked Vosca further.

DM Unholy: The light flickers again

DM Unholy: There is a quiet sound of whispering

DM Unholy: It is not basic.

DM Unholy: It is low, and incoherent.

DM Unholy: It is sith.

Vosca Sindal: “… Blast.”

DM Unholy: The two begin to sever Renatus, his body glowing.

Vosca Sindal: “Students, back,” she urged again.

Mashia Hawker: winces, the tremor of her spine making the discomfort evident even with her face hidden under her helmet.

DM Unholy: Flicker… flicker…

Feya Delos: Ready to hit the ion charge trigger

Renatus: As his body begins to glow he roars out in pain

DM Unholy: Renatus’s force is being severed… flicker… flicker… its flickering more rapidly

Feya Delos: And push it

DM Unholy: The whispers cease suddenly

Renatus: Roars out in even further pain fromt he ion charge

A mass of bodies begin to collapse, all those sensitive in the Force it seems go limp.

Damind Dow’el: Looks with concern as he watches the bodies hit the floor.

Damind Dow’el: Ithara, check the Jedi.

Commodore Adni Kaben: The Commodore rushes up to Renatus, who lay limp on the ground

Damind Dow’el: Leans down to check on Feya, frowning.

Ithara Jade: Fixes the glove on her hand, and sighs, straightening up a bit more as she goes to check on the Jedi.

DM Unholy: Two shots straight to the head immediately

Ithara Jade: will try not to path directly over Tira’s head.

Commodore Adni Kaben: Take that you sith bastard.

DM Unholy: Four more shots for good measure

Damind Dow’el: Sir, what happened…to them? He checks Feya’s pulse.

DM Unholy: Renatus explodes into gore

Damind Dow’el: …Head jerks up

Captain Shon Ken: Commodore!

Ithara Jade: Begins feeling pulses and… just… lets out a sigh as she looks up

Damind Dow’el: Ma’am, can you hear me? Looks down with a frown.

Feya Delos: …Yeaehh…

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] *sits up

Carth Onasi: The jedi… are they okay?

Feya Delos: What the…

Ithara Jade: How ya guys doin’? Alive?

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] my head hurts

Vosca Sindal: Vosca blinks bearily, turning her head upwards some. “… Bad.”

Captain Shon Ken: Camera crew.

Captain Shon Ken: Can you-

Inarian Aelius: Blood trickles from his nose onto the tiles

Captain Shon Ken: Wait.

Damind Dow’el: It looks–hm?

Tiranae’sioth: Cough. Cough. Dizzy.

DM Unholy: The power turns off

DM Unholy: Screams.

Rhool Adrujo: “… Hrhmhh–”

Damind Dow’el: Looks over towards the Captain as the power clicks off.

DM Unholy: Faint screaming.

Tiranae’sioth: Tira has a lantern!

Ithara Jade: Oh good. She says dryly to the power going poof

Mashia Hawker: “My ears… Ringing.”

DM Unholy: Growing louder.

DM Unholy: The crowd outside is panicking.

Captain Shon Ken: Drag them away from the doors.

Captain Shon Ken: Drag them away now!

Captain Shon Ken: This is Captain Shor Ken does anyone read me?

Damind Dow’el: Grunts as he gets up, and he tries to pick up Feya, to move her.

Captain Shon Ken: This is- damn it my comms are down too.

Ithara Jade: And begins dragging, injured leg be damned. She’s moving a bit slow in the dark

Damind Dow’el: Ithara, we need to move them to the back.

K’Ragno Haldo: He slowly sits up holding his head

Feya Delos: Mrhm Get up helped

DM Unholy: The sounds of battle…

DM Unholy: No.

DM Unholy: Of slaughter.

Ithara Jade: starting with Tira

DM Unholy: Closer… closer…

DM Unholy: The jedi are limp, their bodies like lead.

Feya Delos: … The hell…

Carth Onasi: Captain I’ll-

Ithara Jade: Grabs INarian. Drag.

Damind Dow’el: Moves Feya to where the Jedi are being depositted.

Ithara Jade: plop

Captain Shon Ken: You need to get Bastila Shan and the High Councilers out of here.

Feya Delos: Seems onfused, barely moving by herself

Carth Onasi: How?

Captain Shon Ken: Fall back and see if any of the shutters on the lower level are open

Captain Shon Ken: Camera crew you get a weapon and you make try get those jedi up

Captain Shon Ken: AND IF ANYONE CAN HEAR ME GET DOWN HERE NOW

Carth Onasi: Carth drags Bastila’s limp body away This is the worst trial I’ve ever been too…

Damind Dow’el: Sighs Ithara, can you work on getting them up? You’re the best medic of us all.

Ithara Jade: Same buddy.

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] grab the jeci masters

Tiranae’sioth: “Whuh…” Tira attempts to mumble.

Ithara Jade: God, fine. Goes to the lady who was called… a captain or something… she wasn’t paying full attention

Republic Soldier: Oh no!

Republic Soldier: The Commodore…

Captain Shon Ken: Focus on those doors now, soldier!

Damind Dow’el: Flourishes his microphone, as he deactivates it, letting the camera record the audio.

Ithara Jade: Would be helpful to know what’s got them down. Can you guys tell me that at least Something? Anything?

Republic Soldier: Yes sir!

Vosca Sindal: Vosca is bleary, barely into it, more unconcious then not.

Feya Delos: Try to reach for a stim in her medpack

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] wiggles fingers and toes

DM Unholy: “Sir someone is appr- AAAAAAAAAAAH”

DM Unholy: The soldier is sent spiraling over the crowd

Inarian Aelius: Rolls onto his knees

DM Unholy: Slamming into a bloody mess

K’Ragno Haldo: He slowly attempts to stand after sitting down for some time

Damind Dow’el: Frowns and ducks down as the body is sent hurling.

Weilliln: [Shyriiwook] Arm up

Feya Delos: Inject herself with a stim, trying to jolt herself up

Ithara Jade: Yeah that sounds about right. Grabs medical stims and just punches it into Vosca. Wakey wakey. At least have some adrenaline.

Mashia Hawker: grumbles a string of swears in Mando’a, too proud to let herself fall completely but still too weak to move; only kept on her knee from the way she crumpled.

Four Sith cloaked in robes of ebony waltz in with intent. Murder clear in their eyes, the eyes that can be seen.

Damind Dow’el: He frowns as he see’s the Sith, he looks to the Captain.

Captain Shon Ken: The Captain fires his rifle off at them

Captain Shon Ken: They just sort of… hold his shots in the air

Vosca Sindal: Vosca gets hit by an adrenaline stim. She gasps sharply, her fingers curling as her system is jolted suddenly, the Force returning to her. But she’s not up -quite- yer.

DM Unholy: 'It is done." “Renatus is dead.” “Hiiiis sacrifice… in your name…”

DM Unholy: “Good.” A new voice.

Damind Dow’el: …I don’t think thats going to work, sir…Frowns as the camera begins floating around
the vicinity.

DM Unholy: A familiar voice

Ithara Jade: She goes down the line of Jedi, stimming them all.

As the voice rings out, Darth Malak himself walks into the courtroom, glaring balefully at the gathered.

Damind Dow’el: …

Feya Delos: …

Darth Malak: Now where…

Darth Malak: Is Bastila Shan?

DM Unholy: “She isn’t here.” “But close.” “They try to hiiiide her.”

Darth Malak: Very well. I shall pursue.

Captain Shon Ken: Do you really think that i-

Darth Malak: He snaps his neck as he approaches the reporter

Damind Dow’el: Watches the Captain go down, and looks to Malak, blinking.

Darth Malak: I suggest.

Darth Malak: You move to the side.

Damind Dow’el: He looks up at Malak, and nods. Yep.

Ithara Jade: She just grabs and drags Damind away

Inarian Aelius: Tries to crawl toward Captain Shon and collapses

Damind Dow’el: I’m…just over here…covering the uhm…trial, yep. As he is pulled away.

DM Unholy: “Lord Malak.” “The… oooothers…”

Darth Malak: Do as you please.

The Four - Shidon: As we please…

The Four - Kharris: We are so hungry…

The Four - Kharris: Nautolan…

The Four - Kharris: Would be a treat.

The Four - Shora: This one has found his legs.

Tiranae’sioth: Tira launches herself with all her power - draping herself overtop of Rhool.

Mashia Hawker: fidgets and tremors, filled with rage hearing, seeing Malak. “Damnit… Why can’t I
move. Just need… To draw my steel.”

The Four - Shora: I shall eat him.

The Four - Tyrak: This one shall do.

Tiranae’sioth: Literally all that’s in her.

DM Unholy: As they pick their targets, the jedi slowly feel their limbs again

DM Unholy: You hear a sickening scream

DM Unholy: As Tyrak suddenly begins to suck the very life out of Sunfan

DM Unholy: Turning him into a shriveled, empty husk

The camera zooms in on the act of the Jedi Master being mummified before their eyes.

Damind Dow’el: Eyes widen at that.

DM Unholy: The Sith whispers are so loud in your ears

Ithara Jade: She just stands in front of Damind with her arm back to actually feel that he’s there, but otherwise, she doesn’t move. She doesn’t try to stop anything. Why would she? She can’t do shit. And she knows that. Not paid enough for this.

Mashia Hawker: tries to force herself to her feet, only tremoring and twitching.

DM Unholy: K’Ragno in particular gets a fun view of a Trandoshan sucking his life essence away, with their jaw wide open.

Feya Delos: Goes to hurl the nearby hardened object, or even rip a part of ceiling or floor. anything she could into Kharris

DM Unholy: Hurls the closest thing she can find, which is Carmen the recording Saucer Droid.

The last thing seen is a blur as the droid’s thrusters are overwritten by an unseen force, and bashes the back of Kharris, before it all fades to black as more shouting is heard before that too cuts out.

A “Technical Difficulties” screen appears on the screen for the next five minutes before that too fades out, leaving the fate of those involved unknown for the time being.

1 Like

A Zeltron appears on the screen, looking fabulous as always, but he looks serious and sad as he is live on Taris.

I bring tremendously terrible news today my Darlings. The RNS Valor has been destroyed. I am live from Taris in the Northwestern Upper City district. Just an hour ago there was an explosion in space as the RNS Valor erupted into flames before losing control and crashing onto Taris itself.

Estimates report in that the loss of life is hitting millions. We don’t have final numbers yet, as rescue crews and medical staff are scouring the crash site to discover what occurred and caused this tragic accident.

The Republic has issued a statement that this is most likely a Sith strike and they have been unable to reach Rear Admiral Drastus.

It has been reported it hit straight into the Under City, and Rakghouls that were restricted to those rings have begun pouring out into all levels of the Tarisian rings. Quarantines have begun as Tarisian Security Forces have begun trying to re-establish order, and cull the Rakghoul threat. Emergency Response Teams are trying to find survivors of the crash site and douse the fires before they get farther spread. There have been evacuation notices ongoing, as the radiation from the RNS Valor has also been making it difficult to reach those closest to ground zero.

We please ask that any and all volunteers or kind-hearted sapients to please leave this to the experts as they are already trying to rush to rescue the dying and injured, and do not wish to risk those without the experience or knowledge on how to handle the situation at hand. If you wish to donate to the Tarisian Planetary Emergency Squad (TPES) please send donations to the following organizations and numbers on your screen now.

A series of numbers and organization HoloLinks appear on the screen.

This is Taris’ most desperate hour. We -need- your help to bring these people back to safety. This disaster has not been seen since the devastation of the Mandalorian Wars. Our thoughts and our hopes for the families affected by this disaster. Five million lives, lost in seconds…Its beyond words.

This is Damind Dow’el, bringing you the Down’Low, so you’re in the know. Force be with us all.

Damind looks tremendously disturbed and sad, as behind him is a zoomed up image of the RNS Valor crashed into the city, smoke and fire everywhere, the Valor-Class Supercruiser in shambles on the horizon.

1 Like