Zaina Thessel: I understand your pain

The Togruta walked into the meditation chamber and closed the door behind her. She took a deep breath in, dropping to her knees in her meditative stance in the middle of the room.
Her hands rested on her knees, palms facing up, holding a red Kyber crystal that she had removed from the Sith saber.

The whole process of bleeding a crystal has always troubled Thess, even in her time with the Revanites. “I could never do something like that!” she has stated many times before. Looking now at the crystal, there was a clear understanding on her part. She too was once like this, filled with hatred and corruption from the Dark Side. Her eyes closed, followed by another deep breath, and for a moment, she stood there motionless, calm, focused.

The force surrounded both the crystal and its holder; she could feel the dark side emanating from it, That familiar cold sensation tried to take hold of her, but she quickly dismissed it, keeping her balance and focus. Little by little, the crystal presence became known to her.

She could feel it…

Understand it…

Hear it…

Its anger.

Its pain.

“You don’t need to suffer anymore.” Like her very own process, she began slowly pushing the darkness away. The crystal screamed as the dark side fought for control, rejecting her presence, rejecting the light.

Thess found herself deep in a cold sea of darkness, but her focus was unwavering. She kept moving, following the voice she heard in the distance—the plea for help, the screams of pain.

“I hear you, friend. I’m here to help.” The pressure from the Dark Side increased with each step, but so did the voice became clearer. After a moment, she reached the core of the cold sea. Armed with everything she had been taught and practiced, the togruta shielded herself and the voice from the ever-consuming Dark Side, pushing it away with resolve. The initial push was a relentless struggle, taking everything she had to keep calm and focus, but after a moment, Thess could feel the voice with her. They were connected with the same purpose.

In a burst, the darkness vanished and everything became peaceful, quiet, and serene. There was harmony between them.

“Everything will be fine now,” she assured the voice.

Unaware of how long it had been, she opened her eyes, feeling a strong sense of connection. As she looked down at her hands, the once red crystal now shone a pure, serene white.

“We still have a long way to go, friend. But we will thread it together.”

4 Likes