Chinon - Psychedelic Monstrosity

Name: Elyshan Reelan
Race: Human
Homeworld: [REDACTED], Corellian Sector

STARLIGHT Hospital, LOG: Patient with a long history of medical issues. A birth defect in the heart recquiring external stimulation to control irregular beating. A secondary defects in the liver and kidneys causes building toxicity in the blood. Patient deemed to not survive without pacemaker and regular dialysis. Suggested procedure for patient is replacement of internal organs with bionics. Patient has turned down the suggested procedure. Alternative experimental treatment at [REDACTED], in the [REDACTED] signed off by Dr. [REDACTED]. Transfer should happen in the next few days.
— Dr. Orias Gronz

[REDACTED], LOG: Patient Elyshan Reelan, deceased due to multiple organ failure at 15:05 HOURS after multiple attempts of resuscitation.
– DR. [REDACTED]

5 Likes

Quick flashes of lights and the stench of cleanliness you only find hospitals.
Head spinning and vision blurry–
₣₳₴₮ … ₮ØØ ₣₳₴₮
Unfamiliar voices and electronics noises.
Heart on the verge of exploding
Ị̶̠̩̞͍̜̥͗̔̋̚̚͘͝T̵̨̛̤̦̲̪͈̝͊͋͛̾̐́̌̀ ̵̹̹͈͖̦͈́̐͗̕͜͝͠ͅH̸̡̻̹̜̫̼͇͙̓̒Ų̷̪̃̇̇R̸̖͎̹̪̾͜ͅT̵̨̛̩̩̳̹̰̝̲̅̅̃͛͜ͅŞ̷͉͎̗̣̟̫͕̤͛ ̶͚̝̹͎͉̮̽̍S̷̤͊͂̄Ǫ̵̺̞͌̄̏ ̴̮̇́̚M̶̧̮̘̱̣̱̥̂̒͊̽͠Ū̴͓͙̱̱̭̦̜̝̻̎̇͗̓C̶̢͍̥̫̱̮͎͎̮͋̕H̵̡̨̦͇͈̬̜̥̮̩͂́̆͝
The single note of flatline rings clearly in her mind,
yet grows distant and muted by each note of her beating heart.

ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ

"Chinon … " a voice whispers and she jolts awake. She had a different name before, it is fuzzy, maybe it started with an A? Or was it an E? There was an A in there somewhere. The nightmares hard started again, it must have been that trip to Korriban she figured. That place was like standing upon a vast and depthless sea of obsidian. Luring you with promises of power yet ready to swallow you whole like some kind of flytrap. It haunted her, made her clutch at her heart and chest as flashes of chaotic memories flashed before her eyes.

There had been others in that hospital. Others like her. They were all hurting, she could feel their suffering- remembered it clearly. The fear, the panic and misery. She took a breath and stood up before walking over to the the shower unit and stepped inside without bothering to take off the nightwear.

Hope. There had also been hope. It is what had kept them alive and she knew that. They had hoped but she had lived.

3 Likes

Freezing, an absolute cold that stiffened her muscles and turned her bones to ice.
It wasn’t the air, but it was H̷̨̙̦̜̗̱̋̍̐͒́͘̕I̵̢̹͕͊͜M̴̘̼̫̖͓̋̃̂͊̓̋̿͐̕ͅ 𝓗𝓘𝓜 🅷🅸🅼. She hated him, she loved him, she … p̴̡͇̹̮̭̩̞͉̙̐̇̓̌̄̔ͅl̴̦̰͖̰͛͋̊̎̽͋͆̅͘͝e̴͓̅͋a̷̛̛̲͖͒͂͐̏̅͐̂͝s̶̬̩̰̼̍̓e̴̲͔̬̗͇͇̪͕͋͐̀̎̄̏,̴̬̆ ̷̧̼͉̙̙̻͍̈͛n̴̳̬͙͔̥͓̱̣͙̈́̏͒́̐́̿̍͝o̶̦͚̠̊͊͌̕
Another procedure, another hazy recollection of things she did not understand.
Where had all the others gone? There were others. Hadn’t she … n̵̫̈́ǫ̷̨͔̝͓̲͝ ̷͉̖̩͛̄̅̒̎̕͜ñ̷̫̗̽o̵̢̭͔̹̰̦͑̕ ̵̡̅̐̓͛̏̀ņ̷̢̗̞͙̻͚̜͍̈́̄́̊̀̌̓̿̕͠ọ̶̙̥̋̐͒̎̈͝ ̴̯̹̪̰́̈́ń̵͉͎̣̯͔̦̀̐͜͠ǫ̶͈̘̱̤̔̿̊̚͝͝ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ
It felt so good. That power she felt inside of her, it kept building every day. Soon she would be ready. His promises like black tar.

ʰᵉ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ

Another day, another nightmare. She didn’t startle awake this time, instead she opened her eyes to feel the cold dread, the ghost of his touch, pass over and paralyze her for an infinity. She had killed so much wildlife, drained it dry, electrocuted it, made it feel all the despair she had once felt a thousand-fold.

Killing came so easy, was it because of what she … her thoughts trailed off as she got up almost violently. She hated sleeping in bed, she had spent her entire life bedridden almost every day with nothing but the holonet to keep her company.

Chinon walked over to her cupboard and took out the pill bottle. These would help her forget, help her feel numb enough that her nerves weren’t set ablaze in an electrical storm. Amber eyes stared intently on the bottle before she nearly crushed it in her hand, then poured the rest into the sink.

She was stronger now. She could feel her power grow for each living thing that succumbed to her abilities. She would be whole again.

3 Likes

Pain came in many shapes and sizes. This one was a new flavour she also learned to hate.
She could feel without touch, senses overloaded with all that is around her … I̶̹͈͇̰̎͊̅ ̶̜̩̪̗̝̦̅̉̓́͆͆͆͊̕ͅͅͅS̸͙̠̤̾͆͘͠Ë̵͎́́̂́̓̀E̴̢̩͈̫̗̰̋̀̃̓̆̄̓͋̽ ̷̮̄̉̂̀͐̾̀͋E̸͉̜͉͋͂̑͆̆̚͠V̵̨̢̨̩̳͚̟͙͎̤̽̓̄̅̈̅̃͂̕͠Ȩ̵͇̣̤̄̊́̐̈́Ȑ̴̬̙̦͍͆̃͆̄̄͐͝Y̴̦̻͛̎̐̂̔̾̈͠Ṭ̷̥̫͓̦́̊̃́̓H̵̭̱̺̺͕̃̍̍̉̄́͆̃̈́̚I̸̡̢̜̖̝̗͇̜̬̩̓Ṅ̵̛̮̟͋̍͆ͅG̷̨̫̤̦͉̬̯̰̀͋̈́̚
Her own voice had become foreign as it changed with each violent scream pulled out of her.
This would make her whole. This would make her powerful. She would be perfect ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵉ ʰⁱˢ ˡⁱᵉˢ

ᴡʜᴏ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ

It didn’t hurt anymore, not unless she looked at something really … bright. Not actual brightness but through the vision she was č̴͔͑u̷̠̱̠͔̪̫̓͌͝͠ͅr̸͉̉̊̋s̵̨̧̻̱̜͈̫̓̒̋͛̃ͅê̵̢̢̝̙̦̔͒́̉̏d̶̢͈̟̤̠̿̋̾̋̔͒̾͗̐̚ blessed with. It grew a little more every day as she trained it to look deeper, look beyond and look further. Sometimes a dark impulse made her glance to the kitchen knife. Did she really need her regular eyes anymore?

3 Likes

A̷͇̱̜͉̠̎̆Ḩ̶͉̬̘̙̝͖̮̤̎̄̋̽̑̓̄̕͠Ä̴̡̼́͆̍͂͛͐͑͌̍͋Ḩ̵̖̝͓̻̜́̑̇̍̅́͜͝Á̴̢̱̲̱͉̾͜͝ͅH̷̛̹̝̖͇̥̥̜̊̍̀̇̍͘͝ ̶̡̳̬̞͔͑́̉́̔H̸̡̲̜͕̱͎̘͋̾͂́̊͂͒̓͒͜ͅÄ̴͎̯̜̝̳́̐̀̋͑́̈́͂͘͝ ̸͇̖͔̥̬̺͌ͅḢ̷̨̨͙̣͈̲̭͑͐̉H̴̛̤͍͗̔̆́͋̃͜͝A̶̢̯͍̥̯̍́̽̔͌̒̾̉ ̸̹̗̂̑̈͋͘͠H̶̡̱̜͉̦̞̭̘̮̎̍̈́̓̈́̊̿͜ ̸̯̔̿͑́͊̔̒̕͝͝Á̴̢̱̫̓͐̈́͊̌́̿͝͝ͅH̵̙͎̗̖͕̱̆̔̾̆̆̋͌͘ͅͅͅ ̵̪̮̹̩̦̯̯̲̉̽̈̎̑̓̀̀̚͜ͅA̸̲̠̙̎̾̇̒H̷̹̖͍̞͕́̿̍̃̈́̀͆̚H̵͍͔́̑͐̍̈̅͒̄̀͝Ǎ̴͍̲̜͜ͅH̵̡̧̢̯̙̭͚̪͉͍̎̉̈́̍̅̃̍͘͝Ä̶͇͕͎͇̯̥̻̺̈́̔̋̿͑͆̍ look at them shake. Like marionettes. Like ᴡᴏʀᴛʜʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴅᴏʟʟꜱ.
I can see it. See how it churns them on the inside. How they suffer like I suffered. w̷̛͉͔̞̲͚̰̿̍̓̋̿͋͐͝ę̷̛͖̺̼̭̘͋́̆̑̈́̚͝ȁ̴̧̧͚̞̩̳̖k̴̲̓̎ ̶̳̜̰̘̹̠̩̯̙̱͌̄W̷̥̹̖̪̊Ȅ̴̘̝͙͍̯͉̳͍̻̒̈́̉͌̕A̶̙̻̟̯̰͆̃̀͊̈̄K̶̢̜̗͚̗͗̂͗̔ͅ
They are all weak. They can not survive how I survived. But this power is not her own.
He is still here, still feeding me … it. I am so hungry. So hungry. s̷͈͎̽͒̓̑ṱ̷͈͍̄̃̿͂̐͆̈́͘͝a̶͔̫͎̻̅̿͝r̵̡̧̮̹̣̪̖̮͔͌v̷̡͚͍͈͓̟̊̒̿̉͝i̷̧͉̜̣̽̈́̋n̷͔̭̗͉̽ǵ̴̢́̈́̓̆̓̑̽̅.
A piece breaks. Collapses in on itself. The hunger only deepens, it is constant now.

ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴀꜱᴛᴇ

She blinked. It was so very bright. Ah, of course, she was on Hutlar, this icy planet of violent wildlife. Before her, a dead Byysk lie. Skin even more pale than usual, emaciated and crumbling. Dazed at first, she looked around. There were others like it nearby, an entire camp of them in fact. With a frown she straightened up and took a deep breath. A little less hungry, for now.

Maybe there are still a few hiding?

4 Likes

Heartbeats turned to minutes turned to weeks, months, years- Ɇ₮ɆⱤ₦ł₮Ɏ
Time flows irregularly. s҉o҉ ҉h҉u҉n҉g҉r҉y҉ His fingers are crawling into my mouth.
i҉ ҉a҉m҉ ҉d҉r҉o҉w҉n҉i҉n҉g҉ with every swallow of the black tar eating me from the inside.
I am still not whole i҉ ҉w҉i҉l҉l҉ ҉n҉e҉v҉e҉r҉ ҉b҉e҉ his poison is so sweet.

ɪ d҉o҉ ҉n҉o҉t҉ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ

On bad days she would still feel the pain inside. Like a living tar eating her organs and replacing them with something else. When she looks in the mirror a stranger looks back at her, hallucinations of her skin peeling away like old wallpaper to reveal nothing but that inky black. Only amber eyes breaking the homogony of tar.

A steadying breath was often all it took, but on particularly bad days the mirror broke as her resolve to resist. It got costly to destroy her rented rooms in the long run, but she kept on the move. She had to do something. He told her to do something. He told her she would do it and become whole but his words were only static in her head.

Her datapad made a ping and she looked over to it. A single notification. "ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴀʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴠɪꜱᴄᴀʀᴀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ … " She didn’t read further. The mirror was cracked again, casting her face in sharp, broken lines. She would find a way to make herself whole.

2 Likes

//// LOG #-2
I travelled to Korriban, a palce that is said to be the strongest in the Dark Side. Even before the shuttle landed I could feel myself drawn into its cold embrace. I barely managed through several encounters with its wildlife before I came across a robed woman. She took some interested and taught me the Code of the Sith. Told me to reflect on it for if I should be interested to be taught further.

The Peace Is A Lie. My life has been peaceful, in a sense yet a constant war against my own body that continued to fail me as I lay bedridden throughout my childhood. What kept me alive? The Holonet, in a way, though Passion could certainly be it. There was much of the Galaxy I wanted to see, to explore, to feel beyond my bed.

Through Passion I Gain Strength. It did give me the strength to continue fighting. Even when my whole body hurt so bad I could not think straight. Even when the dread of a life lived poorly sunk so deep into me I could not see it beyond my darkest thoughts.

Through Strength I Gain Power. Strength is a kind of power. There are more powers than that. I wonder what it refers strength to. Perhaps the whole point is that it is nebulous and subjective. I want the power to become whole.

Through Power I Gain Victory. You can gain a lot through power. Victory, over what? Once more, it feels nebulous and subjective. The self? Others? The Force? It could be anything you want it to be.

Through Victory My Chains Are Broken. He broke some of my chains and put others in place. I live today thanks to Him but I suffer still. I become stronger, but it hurts more in turn. I satiate my hungers, but the next hunger pang comes sooner.

The Force Shall Set Me Free. I will set myself free, with the use of the Force. Or something. Space wizardry is certainly mysterious.

1 Like

//// LOG -1
During one of the various odd jobs I have picked up on Viscara, one has really stuck out. Traveling to a secret facility full of Vellen Flesheaters, some kind of species that has gone mad and cannibalistic, I came across one with a lightsaber. I felt the power inside of it meet min and on pure instinct I lashed out with all that I had. Electrocuting it and everything around it with a backlash that had me hurting for a while after.

The lightsaber broke, but I collected the scraps in hope of trying to understand how they are made. I am no engineer but there is surely something to gleam. I found fragments of a red crystal inside that I collected as well. They seem odd somehow.

2 Likes

//// LOG 000
Several days have passed of missions, meeting a mandalorian by the name of Lon who has been both kind and patient. Learning the language of the wookies with the help of some translation software. Meeting with the Revanite Sith Lord Aiven Crawford. Who gave excellent advice for somehow with anger management issues. And only that.

Today I met someone who seemed to truly understand what I am going through. She has His feel, yet it is still different. It made me remember. Remember how I killed the others, took their lives, their ills and became just a little more whole with His help. And I enjoyed it. The moment of satisfaction that washed over me like a soft, summer breeze carrying the fresh scent of spring. Then …

Sohma told me how to meditate and guided me through it as I felt my heart was about to burst. The chaos I feel inside of me feels different, more like a part of me than a part around me. She told me to find my foci and let it become the very center-piece of how to gain power.

I thought I would die for a few moments, but I was not afraid. I was, however, afraid of completely losing control. Yet here I am, just a little more in charge of myself. I will practice to meditate more. I will find ways to use this ‘tool’ as she called it.

2 Likes

Light steps on the obsidian sea sends ripples through out, turning into waves.
It promises such sweetness that I have heard before l҉e҉t҉ ҉m҉e҉ ҉d҉r҉i҉n҉k҉ ҉m҉y҉ ҉f҉i҉l҉l҉
The echoes of past failures were drained of their essence S̶̯̭̲̠͓͈͛̇̇Ó̴͕̫͍̲̹͔̈́́́̊ ̷̧͇͖̳̥͈̥͕̽͂͌̃̆̿D̸̯͈̩̩̙͔̭̀Ê̴̢̪̗̭̗̜͚͌̀̓̓Ḷ̵͈̻͔̙̩̮̓̿̇̍̐̚Î̸̡̠̅͛̊́̇̿̔C̴͈͑̾͑̈́̂̈Ǐ̷̦͚͚̌͒̐Ö̶̞͙͝ͅU̸̺̭͉͓͔̫͓̓̋̈̌͋̿͌̕S̴͕͇͔͖̙̬̋̓͒͑͠ͅ
It made her strong, made her able to break through the tar.
Dig deep and drink of its bittersweet power.

ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ

A lonesome figure sat upon the circle of power, letting her emotions seethe and saturate with the bittersweet nectar. Nothing remained of the ghosts of the Sith Tomb as she had drained them all to power herself so she could resist the stronger pull as she meditated. She focused in on the hunger, tried to understand it better. Where it came from and why- just like Sohma had told her.

No answer was forthcoming for a long time as she sat in silence aside from the occasional grunt of effort. Every second spent here pressed down on her like the depth of a fathomless ocean. She kept resisting. If nothing else she would learn to resist better.

Breakthrough. She felt something inside of her shift, like another barrier- another layer of the self-deception crack and beak. Chinon didn’t understand what it was, but the instinct was clear. She had to feel whatever was inside of her further yet keep it in check. Balance diet and practice like a trained bloodhound- if she starved it, she would be devoured. If she overfed it, she would become sick and fall apart.

Chinon finally got up. It was time to make use of the Sith blueprints she found of the ancient style of blades they fashioned. The runes she would have to translate, but what mattered was the focus. Perhaps she would never be a Sith, but she would hungrily take all their insight and power if it meant she could be whole.

2 Likes

/// LOG 001 Sith Alchemy - Introduction

I have spoken with Xalark to get a basic introduction to the ancient craft. It revolves around two disciplines split into the manipulation of inorganic and organic matter. The former easier than the last, capable of creating monstrosities that have been spotted around Viscara. The second is more impressive long-term, capable of creating the kind of things that roam Korriban even today. The legacy of the Mother of Monsters Sarlo Kann.

/// LOG 002 Sith Alchemy - Scrolls

I have received two scrolls on the matter of Smelting ingots with darkside ‘Forgefire’ and how to then process it into a ritualistic dager, an anathame [what follows are the details from the scrolls before her own notes continue]. From a more scientific perspective it would appear that the iron we have in our blood becomes charged with life energy, the Force, that we then extract and mold. This also explains why blood from strong Force-attuned creatures is better.

/// LOG 003 Personal Notes - Sith Sorcery Runes and Blades

With the help of the scrolls and my previous digging into the closest available tomb on Korriban: I have managed to transcribe and translate a blade design used several hundreds of years ago. Crossing it with contemporary electroblade designs, I took it to a very competent smith that outdid my expectations. While I lack the expertise to truly make use of the runes, the experiment and challenge has furthered my understanding.

/// LOG 004 Sith Alchemy - LAB

I have acquired a ship that is small enough to be very mobile and at the same time large enough to house a common area, comfortable sleeping quarters and a sizable lab. The equipment is largely generalized towards what I expect to need for now, but will become specialized with time. Now to figure out exactly what other kinds of equipment I will need.

/// LOG 005 Training Shii-Cho

It has become increasingly obvious to me that my skill lies not in the mastery of blades. At least the training lightfoil I got is easier to swing around and practice with than an actual electroblade. More appropriate as well. I try to put in at least two hours of training daily and more if something else doesn’t occupy me. I even started jogging. JOGGING. I was bedridden almost daily for 18 years and now I am jogging.

/// LOG 006 “The Way” Qo

I acquired Pathspeaker Xalark’s personal notes on the Qo a few days ago and have been reading up. He even has a section on Sarlo Kann (which I haven’t gotten to). Instead I have focused on understanding The Way instead and what it means to follow it. It helpfully also lists the basic disciplines I must have an acceptable grasp of before I can advance.

/// LOG 007 Sith Alchemy - LAB II

Digging through the darker corners of the Holonet I broadened my understanding of the kind of equipment you need to study genetics, biomaterial and other related areas I believe will be of use as I take more steps towards the ambitions of Sarlo Kann. One day I will usurp her title or perhaps get a different but similar one. The equipment has been very difficult to source but I almost have all I need. Additionally, I set up a small shrine to the Mother of Monsters. Not so much to worship her like those who worship ‘The Ghost’ do, but a firm marker of my ambitions.

/// LOG 008 Training telekinesis

I have been able to exert my will on that around me fairly well since I awakened to the qyasik. Perhaps it stems from my burning desire to do so. I never got to truly test the limits of my body as it was too week, so all that limits me now is my willpower- which I have plenty of. I started my training with small stones before going up in weight. Once I hit my limit, I repeated the same with starting over with multiple small stones and repeat. It is one thing to control one heavy object, but multiple smaller ones? That’s different.

/// LOG 009 Training confusion

Warping the minds of others and disorienting their senses. I have experienced true delusion during my … transformation. I focus on it, tap into those feelings of hopelessness, lack of control and understanding. The sense of reality being a mere suggestion and as fragile as a sheet of glass with a stone rolling over it. And I make others experience it. Invade their senses until they feel the same. Unrefined, surely, but enough for now.

/// LOG 010 Sith Alchemy - LAB III

All the equipment I will want for a time is here, now my research can begin in earnest. I will start by examining the specimens on Korriban as well as I can and try to gleam insights from there. Once I am satisfied, perhaps Viscara has some good next choices. The Kath hounds are aggressive and the vellen flesheaters are … interesting.

/// LOG 011 Research Crystal

I came across a peculiar red crystal in my early days on Viscara that I kept. I have sold all other minerals and gems I have found but this one somehow stuck around. During a guild assignment I stumbled into a cave with arachnid-like creatures with crystals growing out of their backs. Examination suggests they feed on the crystals in the cave (which is very saturated with them) and process them. I took some samples and have found similarities with the red crystal I have. A deeper investigation will be required.

/// LOG 012 Training barrier

I find this one is difficult to train on my own. I set up a low-frequency blaster toy to fire mostly harmless taser-shots at me while I tried to resist. It took me longer than I had wished to calibrate it to the point that I could be hit by it without armor without sustaining actual injury I could not deal with. Note to self: try to get shot less.

1 Like

/// LOG 013 - Curiosity

The other day I came across a miraluka, first time ever. They apparently do see through the Qyasik constantly. Her reaction to my presence told me all I needed to know. Her trepidation at my presence awoke some desire in me to … press. So I did, not in an hostile way but aggressively friendly? She is strong however. Opposite of the kind of being I am in a sense. If nothing else, someone worthy to keep an eye on, perhaps I could learn something. Suggesting the that the Jedi are ‘Submissive’ to the Qyasik did seem to rattle her a little. I can’t help but to be just slightly giddy at the idea of prodding her some more.

1 Like

/// LOG 014 - Stranger in the Dunes

While practicing Shii-cho a stranger approached me looking like she had gone through an active wind-turbine. After offering her some water and food we got talking and she showed me a red lightsaber not hers. Even got to hold and feel its weight. It has helped me make sense of the broken one I got from the Vellen flesheaters some. She was apparently left behind by her group who had to leave in a hurry. I offered to take her back to Viscara where she wanted to go and gave her a medical. Leth showed up before we left.

/// LOG 015 - Profitable Xenobiology

The process of the forgery has begun. I contacted my Coxxion friends and put forward credits and the business proposal of smuggling exotic xenos on top of the incentive. They will forge me a solid Xenobiologist license, a newly graduated ambitious field xenobiologist by the name of Chise Nonabe from Taris. Once I have everything in place I’ll find a convenient way to make it public. I have a few ideas how to pass it off. Even my ship will be registered to an official capacity as a research vessel.

1 Like

/// LOG 016 - Dark Healing

I have always detested my body. It has failed me through out most of my life and even now despite being made stronger than ever I still feel so limited. Like I am trapped in a shell and waiting to break out and truly flourish. I have been able to rely on my medical skills to deal with injuries but Qo demands more. If I am to knit my bone and flesh together by will alone I must practice. Korriban is an excellent place to train such for the saturation of Qotsisajak aids such undertakings.

What I have managed to perform hurts and aches, but I am used to such.

/// LOG 017 - Shii-Cho II

The endurance and weight training has started to show results, improving my form somewhat. Getting used to the weight of the training foils has been a boon at that. My research is starting to eat into my time but I will not compromise on the minimum of two hours of practice I do each day. One hour of warm up and exercise and one hour of practicing the stances.

1 Like

/// LOG 018 - Xalark Necromancy

Cadaver should be fresh and whole. The one used here was put on ice. A ceremonial kriss was used to cut across the palm and pain a circle in blood on the chest of the Kath hound. The Kris was then plunged into the heart of the Kath hound as Xalark chanted with a holocron in his other hand. The name of the sorcery is Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut. This made the ice melt and air fizzle. I quote: “Mine, by my will, by due I so demand. From nothing forth I conjure you, from oblivion I deny.” A red glow took form in the eyes and the creature awakened.

The Kath hound was hyperaggressive and began attacking me, then the guest. Biting into her forearm and continuing to bite even when I separated the head from the body. It took a considerable shock from the Sith Lord guest for it to cease living again. I took a sample of her injuries and preserved all but the head for later study.

[An analysis of the injury and the kath hounds biology follows, marking on the peculiarity of it having been moving despite dead and signs of malfomation and corruption.]

/// LOG 019 - Czerka vs. Republican Navy

Recently, one of the mandalorian mercenaries working for Czerka decided to impress the Pathspeaker by bringing them civilians from Viscara. Xalark, uninterested in them, used the opportunity to put forth a challenge to the jedi. If they would come and duel him, they would get the civilians back. One did.

The presence of the Mandalorians in turn created a schism between Czerka and the Navy. The latter being kicked off of CZ 220 so they could no longer refuel and rearm. This presents interesting opportunities that the others have remarked on can be capitalized upon. Personally I am far too intrigued by my research to meddle in shadow politics.

/// LOG 020 - Training telekinesis II

I have reach and acceptable weight class and control over multiple objects. The next set of training revolved around seeing just how farm I could hurl the various stones. One more staring with smaller and working my way up until I could barely throw one further than my height. My emotional state has a big impact on what I can do, so there is much to learn from learning to spark fury or want in myself.

LOG 021 - Sith Alchemy LAB IV

With Xalark’s two scrolls for reference I have begun the arduous and messy process of trying to forge the appropriate metal with alchemy. Transmuting the great amount of blood I have collected from the Vellen Flesheaters. Unsurprisingly, my first several attempts had me botch much of it. Through sheer determination and dedication, I have started to manage creating small, but dense pieces of metal. I will need to learn to make them a little bigger if I am to make a kris out of it, but it is only a matter of time.

/// LOG 022 - Dark healing II

It’s so DIFFICULT. It took me a lot of introspection to realize how to get past my disdain for my body. I think I have it now. I just focus on wanting to be whole. Really focus. My body is just meat, blood and bone. Think of it like nothing but a vessel for what I truly am. Force it to obey my command and be shaped by my will. One day it will be better. I will make sure of that. Just blood, flesh and bone.

/// LOG 023 - Hutlar, Suncultists and Telekinesis III

During what has become the most boring of all guild assignments ever, I was hunting the byysk for their primitive weapons to hand in. That is when I got a call on the priority channel by M to meet up. A sith research team had been ambushed by Thyrusian witch-hunters lead by a Grand Confessor Vollock. Prior to learning about this, we investigated the area where they had been attacked and heard the whistle of artillery fire. Rather than run for it like everyone else (let’s face it I’m just no fast) I let my indignance and repulsion at this impersonal yet annoying OFFENSE push back against the shell. I redirected it! Phew.

A few others form our wayward group showed up and we spoke with the cultists, coming to an agreement of cease-fire of sorts. I admit I almost lost it though. Between my hunger and hutlar’s way of … disassociating me, I could feel the honeyed strands of madness dig into my brain.

/// LOG 024 - Training confusion II

Related to my experiences on Hutlar. I returned at a later date and let myself be overwhelmed by the sensations once I found a safe enough spot to do so. The things I felt were unnerving and bad but they were nothing compared to what He did. Rather than let it affect me directly, I sought and found ways to channel it elsewhere. Then I watched with satisfied glee as a pack of Quion Tigers tore their own apart in a frenzy. Weak. So weak.

1 Like

/// LOG 025 - Rek and Clan Nox, Mia’r

Leth has been trying to sow some discord on Viscara by contacting various mando clans. His contact were Rek who gave us information on the Jedi Order and Clan Nox. The meeting itself went rather poorly however. The guy was very dodgy and I am not sure how much he got out of him in the end. Later I came across him again and his tone was rather hostile. He is trying to woo another clan by the name of Mira’r. I got on a good foot with them promising work and gave them some cookies.

/// LOG 26 - “The Way” Qo II

Xalark held a personal lesson for myself on the Qyasik, Odojinya and Sith Alchemy. I gleamed many insights into the fabric of it all and it culminated in a ritual he performed where I invested a facet of myself into the Odojinya. It will tempt and challenge me, but at the same time allows me a connection through the veil to draw upon for future rituals. I went with that which I feel the strongest … hunger. The pain I felt sent me to ecstasy and felt so very familiar. I have wrested control in my bargain for power. I feel … better, even if the hunger has become something I feel within my soul.

/// LOG 27 - Curiosity II

I have met the little white rabbit again. Once we had spoken by the pyre I convinced her back to my ship where we exchanged a lot of words. It is clear that a great passion burns inside of her, subdued by the peaceful lie that the Order brainwashes their initiates with. Her weakness seems to be of sexual nature, the mention of such and aggressive flirting. While I have very little practical experience, I have identified which buttons to press. She wants me to ‘See’ myself proper, as she can through her vision and show me that I should not follow this path. I agreed to learn from her and will continue to prod for ways to make her see MY truth, the Truth of the Qo.

/// LOG 28 - Profitable Xenobiology II

My license has arrived and I spent no time announcing my presence on Viscara as such. I have also made note of being interested in the so called ‘crystal spiders’ in the cave. While I am indeed curious about them, it is a mere distraction from what I actually seek to do. It is important to build credibility and renown in my field. Reading up on the jargon has helped a lot in being convincing about my expertise at that. Dr. Nonobu, field-xenobiologist with a love for adventure.

/// LOG 29 - Sith Alchemy LAB V

I have done it! Through a lot of trial and error, a lot of pain and effort. I have managed to create my ritual dagger. I didn’t go for a kris shape, as I felt that was not strictly necessary for a first attempt. Once I have gained a new level of understanding I will forge a new one, but for now this will do. I need to inform Xalark so he may instruct me further. I should also consider what kind of creature to focus on next and gain understanding from.

1 Like

/// LOG 030 - Shii-Cho III

I feel I have reached a plateau of how much I can advance on my own. I will have to ask about where to proceed from here but I feel confident in my ability to perform the basic strikes and parries. The foil I train with lies comfortable in my hand despite going at it for hours.

/// LOG 031 - Training Barrier II

The original idea I had works pretty well, I have even cranked up the frequency so that the shots I do not protect against leave pretty bad marks. That way I get to practice the dark healing as well. It’s a very unpleasant process but the pain and anger I feel only fuels my ability to protect myself.

/// LOG 032 - Training Telekinesis III

I can comfortably hurl boulders the size of my torso, and to great effect. Given my lack of close-combat aptitude due to my body, it has become part of my standard tactic together with the ability to shock my opponents. I can feel the charge of the latter growing stronger as I grow stronger in the Odojinya. Perhaps it won’t be that long before I can conjure proper lightning to burn my foes.

/// LOG 033 - Roadblock

Vosca Sindal, your compassion or what you pass off as such may be your undoing. I stand at a cross-roads of decisions. I can work to keep the mask, even if that will require a lot of effort. I can also shed it and all the consequences that entails. A difficult consideration to weigh … will keeping it offer more opportunity than otherwise? I do have my Curiosity to sate. A lot of work has gone into the mask of xenobiology at that, feels like a waste to throw away so soon. I’ll play it safe for a little while until I can give it proper thought, however, the time is ticking and it is ticking fast if I am to take full advantage.

1 Like

/// LOG 034 - Profitable Xenobiology III

When I came up with my cover and got the Very Real License I didn’t expect to fall in love with the profession. I have been studying a whole lot when not training or doing research. Who’d think that my youthful interest in shows about xenobiology would help so much with the jargon I now speak at people for that extra bit of credibility. It’s a powerful feeling to actually understand the jargon beyond context as well. Who knows, perhaps if life had been just a little different I would have walked this path instead of the one I do now.

/// LOG 035 - Specimen, Cathar

[ATTACHED: Full body medical scan, physical examination log, bloodwork log, Genebank deposition scan]

This one was … exciting? I am not sure how I got away with it. I am not sure WHY I even did it to begin with. I followed protocol to the fullest on all the scans I did (even if one of them was borderline malpractice), given the Ensigns rank and request for it to be sent to the Navy.

It would be too dumb to mess up on something so simple. Luckily there’s plenty of medical log examples you can find on the holonet. Even navy ones if you are willing to pay some credits on the deepnet.

Since the examination, much of the things I found seem to be within norm for Cathar. They are an interesting and impressively virile species, it is quite a shame that their numbers are diminished due to the actions of the mandalorians. I do not know what I will actually do with all the data I gathered, quite likely nothing. I was just overtaken with this urge to KNOW.

2 Likes