Lightsabers should overcome DR

Fairly, Jedi are also all OP as hell in the movies…because in Movies they are meant to be all and end all, Mechanics have no meaning to the directors. Here in game though, there HAS to be some balance, or we might as well stop calling the server SWLOR and just call it “Be a Jedi!”

1 Like

I wouldn’t even say that, but high DR is just something that shouldn’t exist on overland mobs. I’d be fine with 5 or even 10 DR, but 20 DR? That is simply too high for anything that isn’t really big like rancors or Krayts or a boss.

1 Like

I do agree that the 20 could be toned back a bit, to say 10, but I wouldnt make lightsabres immune

I don’t like DI and DR on the same creature, the damage mitigation when they’re combined creates a lot of problems. Even just 5 dr with 10% DI makes a huge difference, 20 DR with i don’t even know how much DI is just overkill.

I can agree it does seem fairly OP, I don’t pretend I understand the design for this. Other then to perhaps make other weapons actually seem more valuable other then just sabres? We honestly would need the designers to explain that assuming they will.

1 Like

The intent for the change was to add DI to compensate for the over all loss of AC. You may get hit more, but DI was meant to mitigate the damage so you don’t get hit hard. It doesn’t work to well in practice specially when coupled with DR#/- given only enchantment bonuses can overcome the DR and the enchantment bonuses are not very easy to get.

1 Like

Other melee weapons arn’t weaker then sabers in all honesty. They have better feats and scale off str better. Sabers is just the primary finesse choice as unlike finesse one handed, lightsabers actually have dex primary off the skill.

Martial arts isn’t that great though in comparison, the feats are better then most but the weapons themselves are lackluster

2 handed is strong as hell if people go into it, one handed with board is really good too. Lightsabers really just arn’t as strong as people are making it out to be.

1 Like

Oh I never said they were, I think you misunderstood, but more statistically speaking, 95% of the server…plays Jedi, meaning in time, 95% of the server, uses Sabres, why use anything else if Sabres can just cut through everything?

Also thank you for the insight @Lilian

I don’t like it either, but I was refering to the tigers specifically. The tigers have DR 20 (though only vs. slashing, but that doesn’t help anyone who needs to get their saber skill up. Having to switch to blaster or MA simply isn’t an option as neither will get me exp for sabers.)
Quite frankly, I rather fight the ridiculously overpowerd wombats, errr… womp rats on Tatooine than the tigers on Hutlar.

0 DI it is all dr for the tigers at least

I just think that since a jedis primary stat in any skill is not str (control, alter, force armor, sense, lightsaber) and lightsaber skill itself does not grant it, the argument of strength applying to damage on a lightsaber doesnt really make much of a point, specially taking into account the fact that 2 handed or vibros deal more damage overall. Going over DR is not that unbalancing on my opinion and makes sense from a lore perspective.
Thing is, if I wanted to do a strong build for a jedi i would probably go with 2 handed or vibroblades instead of lightsabers, simply because works better imho.

1 Like

Lightsabers get .25 cha mod to damage.

That I believe is what Sabrestaffs are for as they are 2 handed weapons, again, Jedi do not need to be gods on this server, keep a back up weapon, this is just common sense really.

1 Like

So if i get charisma 90, wich is a +40, i get a +10 to damage with my lightsaber. To damage, not to hit. Meanwhile someone eith a vibroblade and 30 on str has a +10 to damage and hit. I dont see how cha/4 to damage makes any difference.

Also, i fail to see how jedi would suddenly become gods just because they can overcome dr.

1 Like

Jedi/Sith are already exceptionally powerful, just in force powers no one else can get alone they are exceptionally powerful, tack on that no DR can stop them on a sabre, yeah pretty much godly at that point.

It stacks with the str damage.
So if ou had 30 str and 68 (which should be attainable for a jedi focused pc) you would have a damage bonus of 14 from cha 24 total from stats. The equivalent of this would be having 58 str. But nothing prevents you from having more STR that was just a number to throw out. It means you can always get more damage on a saber then a melee weapon if you have good str and cha.

First, jedi and sith are not that op at all imho. You could make a case that consuls have some really powerfulk abilities but in order to pull that out they need mental stats and they dont use lightsabers at all so making them overcome dr wouldnt change anything.

Second yes, its true you can get that bonus to damage with a jedi to lightsaber combat, but that would mean no Ac, not much bonus to hit, not much hp and a lot of force regeneration, but since force powers rely on wisdom and intelligence to kick in that much regeneration wouldnt change much.

Tell me that again when I have watched a Jedi with force powers do over 300+ damage and tell me that they aren’t already OP.

Sure, a jedi consul can pukl that out. The question is does he use his lightsaber at all to do that?