Making this a public thread so I can get some general opinions on these ideas as a whole. Note, however, that they are NOT set in stone and may not even happen. Purely ideas for the sake of public opinions. I’ll also likely add on to this original thread as I have new ideas, and make a post to point out what I added so people know.
- Martial Arts XP for using Chi : Given that it’s actually a Martial Arts ability, I feel like the use of it should at least grant a little XP, maybe equivalent to how much it heals or something along those lines.
- Exploration Rewards : The idea here is for triggers in neat and interesting spots in various areas across the server that gives a bit of RP XP to the person for finding them. It actually comes from the systems we generally had back on the various iterations of Dark Hour, where you could get a badge and some XP for the exploration to spots. For example, that neat little shrine in the tree that Naia made in the new Wildlands could function as one.
- New Skills (Stealth, Lockpick, Hacking) : This is likely a bigger undertaking as it would mean a much larger impact on things as a whole, and would also likely need some sort of counter-skill in some cases (like Spot/Listen). That said, while I say those as separate skills, we could easily combined Stealth, Lockpicking, and Hacking into a single “Subterfuge” skill, and perks could be acquired through it for the focuses on different aspects of it. Likewise, with the counter-skill, we could do something like Perception in some way. Also not sure how much this sort of stuff has actually been planned out. Just feel like lacking some of these abilities pull away from stuff a little.
- Description/ Portrait/ Voiceset Editing Commands: We need some sort of command to be able to change some of these on the fly. I think it was mentioned we do have a portrait change command (though I’ve not seen it), but we really need something to be able to alter character descriptions and voicesets.
- Subdual Mode: I’d love it we had some sort of subdual mode. I know that we can easily RP things like sparring or like… bar fights, but it would be nice to initiate combat and RP it out while actually having the characters attacking each other, visually. (Possibly a zero damage weapon for such.)
- Parry/ Counter-Attack: Some sort of method, like Parry, where you can take a defensive stance that purely attacks based on riposting. Possibly even for ranged attacks, for Lightsaber users? This sort of thing is likely incredibly complex to manage, though.
- Cyborg as a Background/Profession: So this is more something that’s bothered me from the start. Why is Cyborg a “species” and not a background? Especially when any species can be a cyborg, rather than purely humans? Makes very little sense. With the thought of adding in cybernetics in the future, I’d honestly say it could be a good idea to make this shift along with that.
- Purchasing Ships: As things are now, players have to craft and piece together a ship for themselves. However, while this could be easily played off in a different way than building a ship, it makes very little sense, especially with the time it takes. I would say a better option would be to have stock ships available for purchase, and players could craft personal modifications for the ships. Just feels like this would make a great deal more sense, while also not completely removing the ship-based crafting.