Public Ideas Repository

Yeah. It’s definitely something that would be super nice, but the actual process of figuring out what to do, and how to implement it, is where shit’s gonna get super tough.

Still those two abilities are a good base to work off since they ready do what you want in their base function but not to the extent you want it to. Building onto them in a way would be best. It likely will be a stance, so you can’t stack other bonuses onto it, it will need to roll something to see if it even Parry/deflects in the first place then another roll to see if it returns it back to the attack or you make a counter attack.

So two to three main checks but what do you use to determine those checks? Your lightsaber skill vs their attack skill? If you do that then let us assume they are both 100, how does the attacker or the defender get the advantage then?

How about shields for force armor? like small shields could be for force, medium for lgiht and large/tower for heavy?

Cybernetic implant slots and rings please.

Personally…I like the rings being something DMs can give out like the cloaks.

I dont’ see why? Cloaks were cosmetic only so they were handed out by DM’s, Rings don’t actually appear on you character so unless they had a use it would be meaningless

It would be a very fun reward like when Pilgrim gave out those Mandalorian battle necklaces.

We were considering rings carrying a single (possibly prismatic) socketing slot for mod gems.

Currently Ira has a single ring, which is from her Jedi training, I would prefer personally to leave those three slots completely to DMs.

With how important gear is on this server, some people having access to more gear slots then others is a pretty big issue.
making specific gear slots dm granted only is not good for the overall balance of the server.

1 Like

It accordance with keeping balance as it is, right now it really is without having to rebalance for cloaks and rings as that would require a whole new rebalance to calculate those in, leaving those only for DM granted things, like rewards, is fairly simple.

1 Like

Cloaks and rings adding more mod slots would be minor overall, mod bouses to stats are capped at +12 per stat, so more mod slots will give you more diverse stats, not higher stats.
AC is limited to Helmet and Armor.
Damage, BAB, AB are all limited to weapons.
This leaves you with hp, fp, stats, skills possibly, regen, and a few other things that should not overly break balance because of the limitations put in place.
or even sans these benefits the offered rings/cloaks could have static effects that are regulated by virtue of the design.

1 Like

Honestly I will leave that up to Zunath, but I still see it causing some indirect issues balance wise, but thats me.

Cloaks never added anything? They we just visual. Having an item in a slot that no one else has access to though is a dick move though. I don’t mind dms handing out items but to hand out items in slots that no one else can make isn’t cool. That’s an unfair advantage, either everyone should have access to items that modify your stats in a slot, or no one.

1 Like

With Jedi abilities there will be times when items will be needed to replicate the ability, such as cure poison with Iras ring, cannot be duplicated IG without an item. Thus its on a ring.

You don’t need equipables for something like that. Can easily be any item

Equipable items are easier, both in function and not taking up inventory space, but I see nothing wrong with DMs using it as is. Rather then everyone continuing to fuss that “Its not fair”.

The issue is it gives you more effective item slots then other players.
It is not a good precedence to set.

They are not more effective? They arent getting a boost of stats, or skills, they are incorporating abilities that cannot otherwise be put in, thats it. My ring doesnt give me any bonuses that I can modify, just Cure Poison. Which is an ability Ira has studied and learned.

That actually replaces an entire item, that takes up a 2x2 slot and has limited uses.
That is vastly more effective then the other option.
On top of I said the precedence it sets of giving people special things in the ring slots which makes them more effective then other people or gives them things no one else has access to.

Well sadly, if your not playing a Force User…your GOING to have things that YOU as a NON force user can’t use. Sorry but this is one of those rare times I am gonna say to get over it. I hear the same whining on every topic that you don’t get to have something because YOU chose of your own accord not to play a force user. Yes it is a SPECIAL ability, one my char has EARNED. You wanna learn something like that? Make a force user and actually earn the ability.