Public Ideas Repository

Some DM gated powers… I remember Miskol telling me about this… they would like give you a widget to use them I thought you could assign to your hotkeys/hotfix bar.

With regard to changing description in-game, here’s how Sigil Planar Legends Does it: In-game description modification in SPL

I’ve used it and it works great. Maybe these guys would share their script for it with you. I dunno. Cormyr and the Dalelands has one too, but I don’t like it quite as well. Anyway, just thought I’d put it out there.

3 Likes

with more skills comes more perks which i feel would need a small SP cap boost i’d push for 250 because i’m not good with current numbers but an extra say 50 or 100 would work too imo

The downside of raising the cap, which is what causes hesitations I might add, is again rebalancing for the sudden change. Since more points means more skills, means more abilities.

You can learn a little over a quarter of the total skills in the game.
There are a total of 1800 active skill levels in the game, if we were to add a new 50 level skill, and then put in throwing and cooking, that would put us up to 1980, you still 500 skill levels, that would put you at a little north of 25% of the skills still.
I think being able to learn a quarter of the content is fine.

More skills and abilities are being added reguardless, having an increase of even 100 wouldn’t affect the grand design of the game much. Especially when you consider that hard caps already keep things in line

Actually from a design perspective it is a massive change.
So let’s assume we see throwing and cooking implamented.
We currently have 1800 max with 500, this is roughly 27%
Post change it would be 1980, 500 would put you at roughly 25%, 600 would put you upto 30% which is a pretty big increase.
For more practical purposes, it is the difference between two crafts, or a whole new combat skill, or two combat skills at a passable level.

Even if or rather when new skills get added, I think the current cap is fine.

My personal opinion is keep it roughly 25% of skills, within 2%

1 Like

Added another point. #7

I definitely like #6 for sure.
Feel a little weird about 5 and 7 though.

Added another point. #8

1 Like