Second Chances (Zain Kalan)

I tell people who explain being force sensitive to seek out the new Jedi temple.

The very same Order which refused to allow me to be a part… why do I still help them out and cling to that fervent dream to be a knight?

Irad is more distant than before. I think that we were bonding probably led to some stronger feelings than she was used to dealing with even though following my detoxifying and healing process I have made it a point to be kinder towards her.
Perhaps if Jedi are not allowed feelings or to deal with feelings she is right in that their path is not one for me.
I can like some things about the Jedi but that doesn’t take away that I failed some of the tests and trials while ill, dying and grappling with madness.

I have taken up serious martial arts pursuit and retraining on Oma Lanari and my adoptive father Captain Adush’s advisement with one caveat.
I will not give up the lightsaber. I still seek to craft the ultimate saber and become increasingly adept in their use.

What is a Jedi, truly? Is it not someone who uses the force and a light saber to help people?
I have reached a new level of excellence in armorcraft. Yet this victory rings hollow somehow…

It is as my Oma said, mastery and expertise are but stepping stones. Without a broader goal… and right now all I have is the vague framework of be a champion and hero, I will falter.

I wonder what sort of hidden meaning there is in Irad’s dream. A man with no eyes and a hideous voice that pierces deep through you… and only a little bit of what he said being memorable but the impressions being ominous or sinister… It probably means something. The galaxy is big and strange though maybe he was a species of alien like the miralukans who have no eyes and see through the force? Well, she said he had hollow sockets with an inky void to them… that could mean he lost his eyesight or it could even mean the man had black eyes with no discernible sclera/pupil/iris. Symbolism combined with fragments of recovered past… that’s tricky. She should ask the masters about that.

I’d ask them for help but that I am often told to do it myself and they do not want me and I cannot be one of their member, yet.
Yes if you want help and struggle that must mean you cannot deserve it. God that was frustrating.
Maybe I want it because I cannot have it?

You mustn’t want power for its own sake. A sense of purpose is better!
What I seek is to gain understanding.

I no longer use a shield. My two twin sabers Loss with its red beam and Regret with its blue beam are emblematic of that we all have a mixture of good and evil in us. Somewhere there is a statement about balance to be made there and they are well made. My talent for crafting continues to increase but I only derive joy from it either during the process of creation or when I know the finished object is going to help someone. Those are what make the act of making meaningful overall. However sometimes just embracing the challenge aspect and pushing past old limits can be rewarding too. I guess I enjoy most of the act of creating.

Why do I wish to help her? What spark there may have been and of what I am not sure but it is locked away somewhere. That isn’t why.
I am showing her greater compassion than she showed me, but why?
Am I that driven to outjedi the Jedi?
Am I so competitive that I am trying to outkindness my own friend back at her?

What am I talking about? She used her own life energy to stabilize me while my kidney and liver were failing.

Maybe I miss the hugs.
Something as simple and silly as that.
The nurturing power of touch is a strange and fundamentally simple but effective thing, yes?

Adush and Lanari say they love me as family. The Chiss have been far kinder to me than the Republic. Their ways while seeming cold and logical on the outside have a sort of compassionate collectivism on the inside behind it. That’s the way they have evolved.

Had a sweet little moment with Sylia… and before I knew what was going on we were physically teasing each other… and I kinda wanted to give her a hug. I didn’t but I did rest my chin on her head for a few moments.

I kind of miss when Irad used to be warmer… she’s been cold and bossy to people lately, apparently! At least that’s what I am starting to gather. Sylia and I think maybe she is swinging too far the opposite way as a protective mechanism against the empath thing.
I hope she finds her balance and gets to where she understands not all feelings are bad to have. I mean, she’s still friendly but she isn’t as warm to people as she used to be.

I wish we could go back to how things used to be but redo it knowing what we do now… it’s a silly thing to wish and can never be.

In terms of crafting and design… I put forward an idea I had to produce a dual phase light saber emitter.

Or maybe there is some hope.
We talked and had a nice long hug. I really missed Irad hugs.

I had a good time today teaching Sylia all about bikes, including some swoopracer tricks and special stuff from both when I was a courier and when I was in a gang. I gave her a lady biker outfit and she modded it… I kinda did overkill on the skulls, spikes, fringe and low neck cleavage dip but she tweaked it to be less ridiculous. The fringe is fun though, she kept it on the forearm guards. She says when I get a new bike she wants to go for a ride with me on it.

She started out not quite sure of the all the differences between a speeder bike and a swoop bike. To be fair they are similar just a swoop bike uses the stronger engine of an airspeeder or an atmocar instead of the still fast but comparatively wimpy engine you use on a regular speederbike. She got that you overcharge and overclock the engine though, good for her!

I also taught her a very special secret about what happens when you idle the engine crystals at 450 MHz instead of the recommended 425-440 range …just ten degrees higher than factory settings.

1 Like

image https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/98/Zephyr-G.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051217192222

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5b/StarhawkSpeederBike-SWE.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121001025510

I do miss certain things about biker life even though things are inarguably definitely better as a recruit in an alien navy than they were chasing after frustrating Jedis who really did not want me or give a steaming pile of bantha poo doo about my force abilities.

If the Jedi are supposed to be good guys they don’t do a very good job of it with the holier than thou attitude.

Ugh, it feels so walking hypocrisy to be a force adept who is good with sabers and yet not be one that is recognized.

I don’t know how I would be able to qualify for another chance.
It’s stupid that I still want it but a light saber is the weapon of a Jedi… although, there is at least one other group from the past who used them… We don’t speak much of that one.

I think maybe I am not the unworthy garbage they convinced themselves I am now from back then as I too had been convinced while I was dying and in poor health both mentally and physically. It sucks they seem very resolutely convinced! They want me to have to prove myself even harder and I cannot do that. God I hate it when people get ultra exclusive toward you but seem to have way lower standards for just about everybody else.

Also Jaycen may think I am inherently immoral?
Okay, well I’m not a monk, so guilty there of actually being alive and living life. He is a good guy though and I wish him well.
Hold up a minute. Does Sylia… actually like me! ? !!
She explained to me what this thing called polyamory was I think you call it and that she actually really likes a whole lot of people instead of just one.

I need to prove those stuck up and uptight Jedi wrong.
I think the way to do that is become such a proficient saber wielder and force user that I can best them at their own game and so far it has been going far better than I could have suspected. Almost too well.
As I gain ranks in the Chiss navy I can be a hero too.
The Republic itself clings to the Jedi mystique as a myth.
The Jedi are not infallible.
They make mistakes just like anyone else.
I will prove to them they made a mistake writing me off by becoming a great hero in spite of them rather than through them.
It really bothers me that because I was having problems those wilting lilies eschewed me and wrote me off… or did they?
The masters said keep trying. They always say keep trying!

Oma Lanari gave me some focus and more concrete goals on how to improve. I like her. By narrowing down how I use the force to be primarily for support of myself and allies I unlocked another thing which martial artists call chi.

I don’t want to kill the Jedi no, but to humiliate the proud nerf herding jerks for the chance they missed by becoming something truly great might be a good revenge. Then, when they come asking me to lecture or join up after I have established myself I can spit in their faces and it will be me who says no. Try harder! It’s never good enough!
I should have been one. I would have been one hell of one. It does not matter.

And yet, my Chiss family too has an agenda they push. When Seela wanted to operate on me during my health crisis they refused her after an argument she had with Captain Adush. Seela is a Jedi. They did… Irad often wanted to help me too. Hating them is wrong… irritating as they refused to train me was and is while readily admitting so many other candidates!
This wedge driven between me and the Order might be to promote anti-Republic sentiment in me… I wonder if this is what brainwashing feels like?
They say they love me and are kind to me but definitely up to something. …to be fair, I am fond of the Chiss in a lot of ways too.

Hohenfel and Irad warned me about getting close to Lanari and doing dealings with her. I owe her some though. She and Dr. H rebuilt me replacing all my defunct and broken cybernetics with new state of the art parts.

Althea is a Jedi, they welcomed her back in and she has alluded to committing many past atrocities to the point she was as much bemused as surprised they did take her in. She, like me was once a bad person. So what is it exactly I would be needing to do to be viewed as worthy by these, these… self-righteous unfair imbeciles?!
Althea has always been rather kind to me.

New possible design idea: Altered saber lens and emitter set up to have the beam function while underwater.

People act as though the Jedi are the be all and end all. I aspired to be one, dammit. Then I saw how petty, irrational and very unhelpful they could be. I have to prove that they are NOT the only people of worth. We hero worship them as gods but they are just as mortal as the rest of us. Howww do I demonstrate it though?!

Anger and resentment over the way I was treated. Not helpful. Could be helpful if I used it to spur me on to become something better and stronger. Worried about tapping into it. Feels dark.
Okay, that is the why and the what of the way that I feel.
The goal is become truly great at something and be a champion of some type.
The trick will be to continue not allowing the bitterness to ever boil over into a murderous rage. There is much risk in succumbing to drawing from that particular supply of emotions, so I must hold back.

Irad and others have told me I am gifted… why would they throw away the potential to rot and be squandered rather than tap into it? That part makes no sense to me. I don’t think they were lying about it to make me feel better about sucking. I think maybe these Jedi just are quite terrible “teachers.”

Expecting any candidate to have to be absolutely perfect and have mastery over it all before they are proven worthy the first time around is ludicrous. Them struggling equating to being unworthy is absurd. And yet it’s so damned easy for all these other people, even ones who don’t really want it. WHY?!

I have saved up 11,000 of the 20,000 credits needed to buy a ship.
I hate feeling so useless and irrelevant.

I’ve built up my martial arts skills and marksmanship with pistols but it won’t compete with Jedis and dark Jedis anytime soon I don’t think.
Ugh, not making the cut of being judged worthy despite having proficiencies is so irritating!

I think I will make a holocron detailing all I have come to know and much of my accumulated technical knowledge about lightsaber craft and innovations. I’ll give it to the Jedi Order anyway as a token gesture of goodwill… even though I resent how things went and not getting to be a Jedi.

Wanting to help people and use your powers for good is not good enough.
Seemingly nothing is ever good enough.

Yet, I have come to have greater self-control over my powers and crafting skIlls through intensive exercise, practice and meditation.

I don’t actually hate them, what I hate is the attitude and the seemingly insurmountable amount of snobby pickiness (towards me) and less pickiness towards seemingly anybody else?

I have gone and become an excellent duelist. I have a moral code too.
Nope, still never good enough.
Never, ever good enough. Damn it…

I don’t think the Consulate or Lanari will have any real use for me but I bear my Chiss foster family no ill-will and enjoy helping them; These people have been most kind towards me.

Have now saved 17,000.

Purchased a small two man fightercraft from Mr. Kho.
He only wanted 15,000 credits for it instead of 20.
He says it will take a few days to assemble.

I tried to build the ultimate lightsaber again… a third of the mods didn’t take. Even only at 2/3 its full potential it was still quite powerful… but it also showed me what I still have to progress through to become a true master crafter.

Life… is kind of boring.
I don’t hate the Jedi but I am mad at them for seeming to so readily write me off.
I dismissed thoughts of murdering them to prove I am superior because honestly, that doesn’t make you win, being the monstrous bad guy just proves your would-be-detractors correct in their unfavorable assessment of you.

The Chiss don’t have much for me to do either.
I am left to my own devices to mine, hone my crafts and train up my physical abilities. Progress slows but ambition does not.

Sylia and I are actually getting along remarkably well.
We hold stimulating conversation.
The bad news is a zombie thing bit me and it was toxic causing me all sorts of weird hallucinations, temporary blindness and intense fatigue… yet weirdly I simultaneously felt stronger. It kept alternating.

Apparently the strain I had was self-limiting? And I DID NOT pass it to Sylia.
Also it’s in remission? Lanari tested us and we were both negative for active spores.

Ugh, it came back during the tournament. Still seems non contagious. Weird. I guess it only passes transmission along through dead or “undead” host bodies to one living target at a time. So that means if I haven’t eliminated the spores or toxin from my body by time of death I’ll be a fungus zombie too. That’s a disturbing thought.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/SwoopClass_negvv.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071015054951
I think we should get a Mobquet Swoop or something by Aratech.
Safety feature required: collision deflector.

I need to kick this infection somehow. It’s playing havoc with my physical senses at key moments, even as I use the force to somewhat augment and compensate around the temporary blindness and extreme muscle fatigue.

Our ship arrived!

https://external-preview.redd.it/UjLMPKqxWxbZgJB9yvf4tk37LsCrPzPHHfhjvYIW7Zc.gif?width=800&height=340&s=1a7c42665e7d7296bbaed6a32c2b50426c82651a

Oh no, Sylia seems to have vanished. I am going to need to find a way to come up with enough income to keep our ship from getting impounded! The sooner, the better.

Also, it looks like it’s gonna be up to me and Lucas to figure out a cure for this zombie fungus thing.

Had an encounter with Hohenfel. He and Seela had some insights about the parasite Lucas and I had contracted. Apparently it’s a force disease and the best way to cure it is to become strong and powerful because the spores try to take you over.

I like that old Arkanian gardener. I told him about how my apprenticeship with Vrake didn’t work out and I had quickly resigned from the Order before they had a chance to throw me out and he said that was okay and that he got that I had a good heart and was still striving to do the right thing. I would like to try again at some point, I just don’t know when the right time would be for that.

What is my place? What is my path? Do I get to have a destiny too?

Some people say everybody has one but then you get to thinking about it and maybe only a few select extra special folks get to have one.

My aptitude for designing and using sabers is quite good though and I have gotten decent at Form II. Ugh… frustrations.
I will be a non evil foil to the Jedi. A thorn in The Order’s side perhaps by still being a good example despite not making their especially selective cut? Haha! I will be an extremely honorable and excellent saber duelist and put all my best designs and fighting tricks into a holocron, eventually!
I have given up telekinesis and have shifted the focus of my force studies solely to the control aspect.

I found out what happened to Sylia.

She told me she has been accepted to a medical academy on Telos and is going to become a doctor!
I told her I’m very proud of her and it wouldn’t be fair for me to keep her brain all to myself, same as it wouldn’t be fair to keep her body all to myself.
She told me I was very sweet and she wanted me and Sandra to visit her there during on her semester breaks!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/875f7a167c17fbdad269a399bdf50369/tumblr_otpa1qAeoK1vjw5qeo1_400.jpg
We said our goodbyes and held each other one last time… for now.
We’ll stay in touch. :heart:

Yeah medical school studying is really rigorous so I don’t think we’ll be able to be together as much once that’s kicks off. I’m still gonna give her a ride on my new bike though!

Seela said she will train me to be stronger in the force but that I have to let go of my resentment at the mistreatment I had received by the Jedi Order otherwise I will fall prey to the dark side…

Master Hohenfel said getting more powerful is the only hope Lucas and I have of surviving the force based parasite inside us. …and so it is that I have to.

Got beaten up by the bounty hunters who are after Irad.
They got really mad I wouldn’t tell them exactly where she was.
I did say she was with the Jedi. They demanded to know which ones.
I said basically they could bite me and that if they killed me Lanari would not be okay with that. I also told them I had a highly contagious incurable disease. Only a partial lie there.

Found Jaina. Explained to her what happened to Sylia and how Sandra and I will run her building for her while she is going to medical school on Telos.

The hallucination came back briefly before the bounty hunters showed up. I wonder if the parasite was actually trying to help me that time or if it was just a coincidence.

Thank God I have that Mandalorian style regenerator implant for minor physical injuries that speeds up my healing.

I think I don’t want to be alone for awhile. I’m gonna stay close to Chirs (my roommate from Ord Mantel) and Jaina (The nice little Echani lady who is still residing in Sylia’s house) when possible.
Other good news: A Republic Commando is after the bounty hunters who are after Irad.
I asked him if my ship which Kho made is registered to the Republic properly with the licensing and he said he thinks so but I may want to double check at a public space port authority just to be sure.

My powers grow but I lack guidance and my training remains without direction…

image https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/fa/ZeisonSha.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20090130042009

The bounty hunters after Irad stepped up their threat and everyone was heavily outclassed.
I can’t afford to be the weakest link. I need to find a mentor to get taught. Seriously.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/88/MatukaiAdept.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20081109165903

I have a ship. Honing my piloting and dogfighting pirates is I guess the only thing I can do. Maybe I could crash it on top of the hideout of the bounty hunters if worst came to worst?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f8/BlazingChainAdept-TUR.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110111185816

There has to be something I can do… even if it is as silly and ineffectual to what happens below as doing my part to keep the space lane safe for travelers.

image https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1d/Warden_of_the_Sky.png/revision/latest?cb=20090528210128

If the Jedi and Sith are too snotty to train me… there have to be other force traditions. Of those I need to get a practitioner of at least one to do it. Oh god they are all so unbearingly elitist to the point of being horrible and hard to stand though. Why?!

You are unworthy… WHAT EXACTLY IS SO UNWORTHY ABOUT WANTING TO HONE THE POWERS I LATENTLY POSSESS AND MY ABILITIES IN ORDER TO PROTECT MY FRIENDS AGAINST HORRIBLE ENEMIES?

image https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/42/Jal_shey_mentor_armor.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090317171816

More importantly: ”Why is every order in this galaxy such frickin’ high-faluting ultra exclusionary colossal dick-heads??!”

The bottom line is this: People are dying, folks are being gravely wounded, tormented by bullies and monsters and all these philosophers and magicians can do is argue about celestial phantoms while frowning at you for interrupting their little debate clubs.

I cannot prove my worth to groups I have no worth to, ergo seeking a teacher remains largely pointless… and yet, that is the only way to make some real solid strides in progress.

Here is the problem: I can only get so far on my own by myself.
I need something from them. The reason is to be able to protect and save my friends. They (organizations) seem… largely all more stuck on outer image, social breeding and other trivialities than on results when it comes down to it.
I need something from them but I cannot convince any organization to ever want me.
Lives are on the line here and not just credits. That matters.
Lives of people who I care about and cannot adequately protect because I lack proper training to do so.

I am told I have a lot of raw talent and much untapped potential… which I recognize does no actual good whatsoever without discipline and direction applied to it.

There are some concrete small steps forward which I can take and have implemented in my self-training regime.
1. For instance, I use the force to visualize details and assist my aim with a blaster instead of just relying solely on visual rangefinders or scopes.
2. I have resumed practice wielding vibroblades so I can have a backup weapon to use when against foes who are laser-ablative (rendering them largely immune to blaster bolts and lightsaber strikes).
3. I have reached a new level in unarmed combat as well since weapons can be disarmed from you during fierce combat but your body is a weapon you pretty much always have.
4. I switched back to using heavy armor from light.

I am not an empath. I don’t always intuitively grasp people’s feelings in situations. I intuitively grasp technology and the inner workings of machines.

If I can rely on no organization for any aide or teaching I will have to simply continue the course of action I have taken thus far.
When one door closes,… another one does not open; You have to make opportunities for yourself.
Only rich, powerful, popular and influential people get to have destinies.
The rest of us have an inconsequential fate and are beneath their high-and-mighty notice, except when convenient. Like if they want something from you.

On that note, Sylia may have been using me just to get to or get back at Irad… but she did also like me… otherwise why would she leave me her building???

These truths can be disgusting and unsettling, to say the least.